If you're not sure what a magic morning is, when you buy 3 or more days at disneyland you get an hour early admission one day. That day fell on Tuesday for us. I wanted to get there and hopefully let the kids play in Fantasyland a little bit since it was so crowded the day before! I woke up this morning at 6 to be able to get me and my kids ready and everyone out the door by 7:30.
We left on time, but it took us awhile to find the correct parking lot since the normal one was closed. We ended up entering the park at about 9:07. And that was NOT early enough! All the fantasyland attractions already had waits of 40 minutes to an hour. So ridiculous! A quick look into tomorrowland told us that it was the same story there. So...we decided to just sit and wait by Frontierland and wait for it to open. The plan was to run and get on Thunder Mountain while Scott ran and got fast passes to Splash Mountain. It was a good plan. SO we waited.
Look at this crowd!!!
When 10:00 finally hit we RAN and fought the crowd to Big Thunder only to find out it's closed! So we run and get in line at Splash Mountain and while we are there we hear that it's also closed! So we decide to take the kids on Winnie the Pooh and it ALSO CLOSED! Oh man, this was the most frustrating trip to Disneyland I've ever taken! It was really windy that day, and I guess it caused the power to go out in Frontierland. We figured it was going to be nuts everywhere else in the park so we just hung around until the power was back on, and once it was the rest of the day went a lot smoother.
I made all of Kate's outfits for the trip, but this day I had made everyone a matching outfit. Unfortunately Jack blew out of his before I could get a picture of it, and Max's had buttons but he tore those off right away. At least the girls looked cute!
Once while some of us were riding Radiator Springs, Sherice took the boys to play in the splash pad at Bugs Land. They made the boys wear their shirts and their shoes (what kind of splash pad rule is that?) so that is why Max is naked in some of these pictures. All his clothes were drying in the sun. He even took off running from me like that at one point. He thought it was so hilarious to be running around Disneyland naked.
Kate rode Splash Mountain this day! Afterwards she told us she didn't like it very much, but she still made a funny face for the picture! That's more than I can do, I just scream every time!
We also did the "disney junior dot com live on stage" show that day. If you ask Kate this is one of the favorite things that we did. It's a really fun interactive show for the kids with parts of all their favorite Disney Junior shows! Princess Sofia, Dr McStuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. My kids got so into this, it was a blast!
After the show it was time for the Pixar parade! Max was so excited about every character that would come around that corner! Buzz Lightyear, Mr Incredible, Lightning McQueen! He was loving every minute.
We finally got to spend a little time in Fantasyland that evening while everyone else was at the Disneyland parade. We did Peter Pans flight and Dumbo before it got to be too crowded again.
Next time I go to Disneyland I am definitely going in January, February, or September. Even with the crowds though we really worked the whole fast pass/stroller pass system, but that doesn't apply in Fantasyland.
Is there anything more magical than the castle lit up at night?








1 comment:
FUN PICTURES!
Post a Comment