High School Reunion

The first weekend of this month was my high school reunion.  It feels so weird to say that as I do not feel old enough to have already reached this milestone! It was fun to go back to Joseph City.  I had not been since Andy's mission report, and that was about 7 years ago. 

On Friday night, we went to the homecoming football game.  Dustin laughed at the fact that we only have one set of bleachers.  I never even noticed that growing up!  Kate loved to watch the cheerleaders.  Max loved the game.  Both my kids were freezing!  They are not in cold weather very often. 

On Saturday afternoon we had a lunch at the park.  It was so fun to see everyone that showed up, although I really expected more people to come! 

That night we had a bonfire at the Badlands.  I had been there so many times growing up, but I'm embarrassed to say we got so lost looking for the right turn into it.  It's a lot different when you're trying to find it in the dark and you haven't been there in years.  We finally made it and it was lots of fun.  Kate loved the fire and Max was pretty grumpy the whole time.  Even though I had my camera with me the whole weekend, I was lazy with it, and the only pictures I took were of that night.  We had to use the light of the campfire because I've never bought the fancy flash for my camera.  I even think this is the only picture taken of all of us.  I don't recall anyone else getting out a camera.  So I'm sorry, but here is the only crappy picture of us all together at the reunion.

Kacey, me, Tessa, Lexi, Kim, Kim, Michael, Shandi, Emlee, Rial, Alicia, Brennon, Lindsay

We roasted marshmallows, played with sparklers, reminisced about the good ole' days, and of course, lit tires on fire and rolled them down the hills.  Apparently it's a Joseph City tradition, but I don't ever remember doing that growing up.  Maybe I just wasn't cool enough to be invited ;).


I'm grateful I was able to grow up in such a small town.  It was very nostalgic to go back and remember life growing up.  I'm grateful I went to school with all these wonderful people.  It was so fun to see them again!

No comments: