I made Kate a quilt! I had so much fun putting together my first quilt that I had to make another right away. I got this fabric for super cheap at Joanns ($2.50 a yard, and I only bought half yard of each fabric- except for the backing) and I LOVE how it turned out. You should really see it in person sometime. This picture doesn't do it justice.
I made the kids some Jack Skellington pajamas. This is one of Kate's favorite movies, so I tried my best to recreate the iconic Pumpkin King's face on the pajama tops. For the pants I used this super easy tutorial.
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/pajama-pants-tutorial.html
I've also jumped the gun and I've already made their Halloween costumes! As you may have read in the previous post, Max has been begging to be Mario for Halloween. Well, he got his wish! I already had all of the felt so his cost me nothing to make! I need to adjust the top of the overalls a bit, but it's basically ready.
Tutorials used: http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-make-mario-and-luigi-costumes.html
http://www.fleetingthing.com/handmade/dress-up/Super-Mario-hat/&2_2_48
If Max is Mario, the obvious companion costume for Kate would be...Princess Peach of course!
I need to make a better top but the crown and tutu are done.
Then I had to make some Halloween outfits as well. I love how these turned out. They are so cute!




No comments:
Post a Comment