My kids

It's been a really long time since I've sat down and just wrote about my kids. So here is what is new with them lately.


Ah Kate, I think these pictures sum her up perfectly!  Happy, crazy, dramatic, and silly.  She is such a good big sister and her and Max just love each other so much.  They play together all day and even sleep in the same bed at night.  That is not a forced thing at all, it is how they like to sleep!  They are the best of friends, and it will be interesting to see how the new baby changes the dynamic.

Kate is so smart.  She knows all the letters and sounds, can count to 20 without help and I've heard her go up to 60 with a little help from mom or dad.  She can write her name and a bunch of other letters and it won't be long before she is reading!  Awhile back I signed up for ABCmouse.com and she is already 90% done with level 3, and has completed over 60 lessons about letters, numbers, colors you name it.   I'm very proud of her!  She has also gotten very good at coloring and drawing.  She colors inside the lines, and has gotten picky about coloring things "the right colors".

She has the silliest imagination, and it's about time I've told you guys about someone.  Kate has an imaginary friend named Cheena.  She's not imaginary like Kate pretends that she is here with us, it's more of a person she just talks about ALL the time.  Everyday Kate tells me something new about "my friend Cheena".  Lets see if I can remember all of her conquests.  Cheena has lived in Africa, is in movies and tv shows, goes to kindergarten,  is 16 but is turning 45, went to disneyland and got her hair done by a fairy godmother, has 95 60 dollars,  can do magic....it's really something new every day.  I'm sad I can't think of more things at the moment, because they are hilarious.

Kate is currently in singing and dance classes and loving them both.  She has a singing performance on Tuesday and I can't wait for it!

Kate loves to spend time with me and right now her favorite thing to do with me is watch "Once Upon a Time" on the ipad.  As soon as Max lays down for a nap, she runs into my room, gets the iPad, and lays on my bed and we watch an episode together.  It's a really complicated plot to watch with a 4 year old, but she loves seeing all her favorite Disney characters in different stories.


Max- he is the cutest thing ever!  Don't you agree?  I just love this little boy so much.  He has developed quite the personality lately.  He is such a talker, and he will talk all day long.  He talks in sentences now, and talks about himself in the third person.  Like,  "Max is scared of Jack Skellington."  or "Max wants a peanut butter sandwich" or his favorite thing to tell me everyday is "Max wants to be Mario for Halloween!!"

Our wii had been broken for awhile, but a couple months ago we ended up buying Aunt Lacie's old one.  We started playing Mario Party with the kids, and he's been obsessed with Mario ever since.  The kids literally wait ALL DAY long for daddy to get home to play the game with them.  They get their remotes, sit down next to Dad, and yell for their favorite character.  They have still not figured out (not even Kate who I was sure would have figured it out by now) that they are not actually playing.  Haha.  We have their characters set to the computer.  It is so funny.  Max loves to "jump on the caterpillar" and "jump on the bad guys", he even mentions it in his prayers.

He is also my smartypants!  Awhile ago I bragged about him knowing all his letters already, but now I can say that he also knows his letter sounds too!  He can also count and recognize the numbers 1-10.  It's fun having my kids almost on the same level, I can ask them the same questions and both will answer me!

His favorite movies are Cars and Peter Pan.  His favorite tv shows are Jake and the Neverland Pirates, The Superhero Squad Show, and The Super Mario Brothers show.  Yes, the one from the 80's! 

He has lately become my picky eater.  He loves breakfast and lunch food (probably because those are routine and don't change much) but dinner is always a struggle!

I can't keep clothes on this kid.  I don't blame him really, it's HOT here.  But it can be embarrassing when he won't keep his pants on when you have company over!

I can't believe how big he is getting and I still think of him as my baby.  It's crazy how fast they grow up.

And last but not least- Unnamed Baby Boy is growing well.  I am 23 weeks already and I can't believe I'm already over the half way mark.  With the holidays coming up time is just going to fly by and I will be a mother of three before I know it.  I didn't feel this baby until about 18 weeks along which is the longest I've ever gone without feeling the baby move.  I remember being scared to go into the ultrasound because I though the baby wasn't moving enough.  He's gotten past his shyness now and is always moving.  I can feel him kick all the time, but the other members of the family never time it right.  Dustin has felt him kick, but Kate and Max haven't yet.  Kate is so excited for another baby, although I'm more worried about her adjusting to the new baby than Max.  Kate loves to have all the attention on her.  If I'm ever holding and talking to Max, she will come right up and make sure I am paying attention to her too.  Now that my belly is big, Max seems to understand that a baby is in there.  He will give baby brudder hugs and kisses.  They both like to talk and sing to him.

And that's pretty much our lives right now in a nutshell.  I love being a mom to these kids.

No comments: