I'm not sure why it took me so long to blog this, but here is how Max's birthday party went!
We had a pirate theme and it was so much fun! It was originally supposed to be a small party, but it quickly turned into an extravaganza! Darn you pinterest and all your cute ideas! I bought the plates, cups, napkins, table cloth, hats, tatoos, gold dubloons and the pinata at Target and Hobby Lobby. Sherice and I made the cute cupcake wrappers, pirate booty bags (for candy from the pinata and treasure from the treasure hunt) and banner.
The first thing we did when all the cousins were in attendance is get pirate tattoos and take a picture in the pirate photo booth. The only picture I could get of Max was while he was standing next to Emma. I guess dressing up like a pirate is normal for him. He had no interest in it! Aunt Lacie was the tattoo artist, while I took the pictures.
The scallywags.
Then we started playing our games! First was pin the patch on the pirate!
Then we had the kids Walk the Plank! We put a piece of wood over a swimming pool and the kids had to walk across without falling in. I think this was their favorite activity of the day.
Then it was time for the pinata!
After the candy had been safely secured in the kids pirate booty bags, I informed them that Captain Hook had stolen our treasure and had buried it somewhere. It didn't take them long to figure out that that place was Aunt Sherice's sandbox. They had to fight off Captain Hook (Uncle Scott) to get the treasure!
Then it was finally time to open presents. Max got new clothes, trucks and a "skateboard" from Grandma and Grandpa Watson, a really cute quiet book and a Disney Cars build and play book from Grandma and Grandpa Foree, a Monster's University car from Maddock and Jaylee, a mega blocks car from Aunt Sherice?, and a plush Jake and Captain Hook dolls from Kate.
After presents everyone went swimming so cupcakes ended up happening after dinner. A storm had rolled in by then and the power was OUT at Sherice's house. But I'm glad because then I ended up with these adorable pictures of Max blowing out his candles and I didn't even have to be the annoying photographer mom who wanted the lights turned off anyway! haha.
Happy Birthday Max! We love you so much!
1 year ago














No comments:
Post a Comment