Kate's Birthday!!

Kate is now 4 years old! On Saturday we had a birthday party, and it was as girly as a party can get! It was a Princess Sofia party. Princess Sofia is the new show on Disney Jr and it is a favorite among the little girls right now. We had all the girls wear princess dresses and we had a royal celebration!

The invitation I made:


Sofia is a brand new thing, so they are not really any themed decorations you can go buy, so I just went with the colors, purple, white, yellow and pink.  The tables had white table cloths with a purple wrapping paper runner, I also had purple vases with white and purple flowers in them.  I did a lot of decorating with streamers, mesh ribbon and balloons, and I also made a few fabric banners.  I think it turned out pretty cute!
For food I made cupcakes, white chocolate dipped marshmallows, and a cheese ball and crackers.  I found the cute candy cupcake toppers at walmart, and the cute water bottle labels were a print out I found online.


As the little princesses were arriving the first thing I had the little girls do was color.  I printed some Princess Sofia coloring pages off of Disney Jr.

As soon as everyone was in attendance, we started our next activity, making crowns!  I found these cute sparkly crown kits at Joanns and the girls had so much fun putting them together!
Next up was a reading of the book, Sofia the First!

Then we donned our crowns and went into the "ballroom" to dance!  We danced to the songs of Princess Sofia of course!

Then we had a game of "Pin the Carrot on Clover" (Sofia's bunny friend) hand drawn by Dustin!
Then it was finally time for presents.  Kate got so many cute gifts, thank you all!

After all gifts were opened, we went into the kitchen to sing happy birthday and eat cupcakes.


R-L- Jayde, Emmalyn, Libby, Shailene, Ashlynn, Olivia, Kylie, Evee, Tatytum, Jaylee, Kate, Kensley and Coralee.  These girls are a mix of cousins, friends, neighbors, and girls from her preschool class!
Grandma Watson, Aunt Lacie, and Aunt Bethany were also there!

We got done with everything with time to spare, so we sat down to watch a little of the latest episode of Sofia the First!

The loot:
Dazzling Princess game, Minnie Mouse hair styling toys, purple princess shoes, a crown,play-doh, a Cinderella play-doh kit, a purse and chapstick, coloring books, 3 My Little Ponies, nail polish, nail glitter, and nail stickers, bubbles, a jewelry box, a flying tinkerbell, a tutu and a sofia bow.  Aunt Beth gave little Lalaloopsies and made a little house for them to play in!  Grandma Watson gave the singing Sofia doll, and some cute new clothes.  Mom and Dad gave the big Lalaloopsy, the white dress, and a brand new camera!

I think it's safe to say that Kate had a fabulous birthday!

It was SO much fun to put on this party for Kate, I was worried that it would be hectic with you many girls came, but it went so smoothly and the girls had so much fun.

Happy Birthday Kate, we love you so much!

1 comment:

Rappleye Family said...

LOVE IT ERIN!!! SO CUTE!! You are a good Mommy