Kate has been sick for 3 days now. I've never dealt with a sickness that has lasted this long before.
Poor girl.
When she threw up yet again this morning, I was at a loss. I asked the facebook world what to do, and the answers came fast. Sprite, crackers, vitamin c, Pedialyte, probiotics... I was getting worried because she hadn't kept anything down in 3 days, and her lips were looking really pale- a sign of dehydration. Sprite and crackers had been her diet for two days now, so I knew she needed something more. After reading the comments I went searching through my cupboards, and I found a probiotic! I mixed that in with a vitamin c drink mix, and made her drink the whole thing. She improved. Then Beth called and said she would bring over Pedialyte and an anti-nausea medicine. I gave her those and she improved drastically. I really had to be on her today about drinking lots of water.
Have you tried to force a child to drink water? A stubborn child like Kate? I had to say sentences like, "You have to drink all that water or you will have to go to the hospital." Which was probably a little harsh and scary, but it got the job done.
At around 3:00 I got a call from a phone number I didn't know. I usually don't answer when I don't know who is calling, but I did. It was my friend Tisha, a new sister in my ward whom I had just met at our last Relief Society activity. She was calling to ask if she could bring me dinner. I tried to refuse, but she insisted, and I'm glad she did. It's been an exhausting 3 days taking care of Kate, and even though I don't remember praying for help, I'm grateful she responded to the prompting she got to help me.
Kate continued to improve throughout the day. I got a lot of fluids in her that stayed down finally, and she even had a little bit of dinner. I'm really hoping this means she is getting better.
Max and I have been drinking lots of Vitamin C drinks the past few days. I definitely don't want to catch this, and certainly don't want my baby to get it.
I'm grateful for prayers that were answered today. I'm grateful for good friends. From my friends Jeanette and Brianne bringing me sprite and crackers a few days ago, to my always willing to help sister in law Beth bringing me medicine, and Tisha who brought me dinner tonight. I'm feeling very loved and grateful right now.
Thank you all.
1 year ago




1 comment:
Oh Erin I am glad she is doing alot better. Poor thing. I wish you could figure out what she had
Post a Comment