Beauty and the Beast

Last Thursday I gave Kate and early birthday present and took her to see Beauty and the Beast!!

I love going to shows, and when I heard this one was coming again, I knew I had to take Kate.  I did some research and found a girl who manages a group buy and I was able to score floor seats for a smoking deal!  We we in the 7th row and it was awesome.

 I made this dress for Kate to wear for the occasion.  I thought about getting her the gold dress, but then Dustin suggested that I just make the blue dress and I thought it was a great idea.  No one ever dresses in the blue peasant dress!  She loved looking like Belle, and got lots of compliments on it. 




I can't describe to you how much Kate LOVED this!  I was a little nervous that it would be too long for her, but it wasn't!  She kept saying "It's not over yet is it?", and "This is so magical Mommy".  She would clap and cheer loudly at the end of each song.  She had a big smile on her face the whole time and was totally mesmerized by the whole experience.  Worth every penny!! 

"What was your favorite part about the show?

"Shot ribbon out." (This is a part of Be our Guest.  They shoot ribbon and confetti out of trumpets into the crowd.  At intermission, she hunted one down to take home.)

"Okay what else?"

"Plate, fork.  Dance, kick!"  This is complete with a dance routine.

"The belle show is so awesome and i like it every time that we come there.  My mom loved it as much as me."

"Was it funny?"

"Yeah.  Beast asking Belle to come to dinner."

"What else did you like?"

"The music, I loved the Belle music."


I have to say that this was the most fun I've ever had with my daughter.  It was so fun to share my love of the theater with her, and I'm glad she loved it so much!  I see many more shows in the future!

No comments: