Monday

Let me tell you a little about yesterday.

Kids woke up earlier than I wanted to, so I did the whole here-play-with-the-ipad-and-let-me-sleep trick.  Fell asleep for a little bit longer and woke up to them no longer in my room.  I did not hear them leave!  I usually do.

I went downstairs to find an entire shaker of pepper dumped all over my kitchen.  On the table, on my stove top, and all over the floor.

I walk in the front room to find the salt shaker dumped all over the couch and the desk.

I clean it up, feed them breakfast, and have them play in the playroom while I did a little work on the computer.

After about 20 minutes I noticed they were being too quiet.  So I go upstairs and find that they had snuck into my room and were eating Tums!  And then about an hour later I found them eating the teething tablets.   Neither of which are harmful, but they got in big trouble and a big lecture about not eating medicine.

When it came time for lunch I decided we need to get out of the house.  So I get the kids dressed to go to McDonald's.  I get ready and I come downstairs to find Max DRINKING syrup!  Ugh!  I don't know what was with my kids yesterday, they just had to get into everything!  I wipe Max off and throw the kids in the car, trying to be upbeat and still have a fun time at McDonald's.

We get to McDonald's and right after we get our food, Max pukes everywhere!  It is almost pure syrup.  How much did this kid drink??  Have you ever cleaned up sticky vomit?  Oh my gosh it was so gross!  And so embarrassing to be having to clean it up while your kids are whining about not eating their food yet, and also explaining to people that your kid is not sick, he just. drank. syrup. 

So we packed up the food and went home so I could change Max's syrup vomit soaked clothes.  Put him down for a nap and the rest of the day went a lot better.  We cleaned the house and Kate did lots of chores to earn back the activity we had planned that night.  Dyeing Easter eggs with cousins!

Jaron and Beth's family came over.  We ate pizza, dyed eggs, and decorated cupcakes.  Dustin gave a lesson about what Easter really means and Kate told a story about the Easter Bunny. 





It ended up being a pretty good day after all.

2 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

oh my gosh! That is a rough start for sure! haha

Jessica and colby said...

Aspen ate my tums a few times. It was a full moon wasn't it. Makes kids act weird. Good thing it didn't last