Girls' Day!

Today I decided to take Kate out for a mommy-daughter date. This is something I don't do very often, and something I'm set on changing! We had so much fun together today, that I'm declaring this a monthly event. I let Kate dictate the day and we had so much fun, and she definitely got a little spoiled.
 
Us all ready to go, and the picture of us Kate drew on the way.

I asked Kate what she would like to do first and she said "eat lunch at a restaurant".  So we went to the fanciest restaurant around!


The next place she wanted to go?  The "craft store".  She walked out of there with some brand new watercolor paints.

Then we went to "shop for new clothes".  She was so excited to "buy" it herself!



Then we went into the makeup store.  We didn't buy anything here, but we sure had fun playing with all the samples!


Then Kate decided that ice cream was in order, and I wasn't going to argue with that!

When we pulled up to Yogurt Jungle, Kate started screaming that there was a bug in her dress.  I could hear the terror in her voice so I parked the car as fast as I could and hopped out to help her.  She was screaming, "it's a scorpion!".   Thankfully, it was not a scorpion, it was only a grasshopper but it was huge.  It had gotten stuck in the layers of her dress.  I tried to just shake it out, but I couldn't so I had to strip her down in the parking lot.  Sorry Kate!   I finally got it out, put the dress back on, and we went on with our day. 


Kate's last request was to go to Target.  I  caved and got her one last thing,  a Pinkie Pie little pony.


Kate,  I love you so much.  I'm so happy you're my little girl. 
Here's to many many more days like these!

4 comments:

aimee said...

Erin!!! These are such a joy! I love the images of your daughter at the make-up counter in her princess dress. Priceless. What a special day you had with each other. Love Mommy-Daughter dates.

Piper said...

What a great day she had with her mommy! I love that you documented it so beautifully! Love these!

julie said...

Erin what a wonderful day you both had! I love the look of joy on her face. Your images are beautiful!

Petersens said...

What a great mama you are. She's so pretty in her princess dress and I would have totally freaked out if a grasshopper was in my dress too :)lol P.S. I love your outfit! You look beautiful. Maxi skirt's are so cute.