...life...

I love it. I really do. I love being a stay at home mom, and while it can be really tough, there's nothing I'd rather be doing. I have the cutest kids in the world! And they are constantly cracking me up.

Max-  

such an explorer now!  Now that he's crawling he doesn't stay in one place for very long.  He's always getting into things, always eating something off the floor, and climbing.  Yes, climbing.  He climbs the stairs already, I have to keep them blocked off, and today I even found him trying to climb into the wagon that's in my house at the moment (I was too lazy to put it in the garage after our walk yesterday).  He was on top of the handle part, with his leg over the side of the wagon.  I don't know how he got up there.   I wish there was a picture to illustrate what he was doing, but I figured I'd better be a good mom and save his life.

He loves to play with Kate.  He loves her, and they play really well together.  I'm cherishing that, because I know it's only a matter of time before they fight all the time.

Every night (almost) we all seem to end up in the same room.  The kids start off in the own beds, but Kate will sneak in half way through the night and sleep on the chair that's next to our bed.  I don't even hear her!  She's stealthy, that one.  And Max will sometimes wake up a little earlier than I want him too, and if I want him to go back to sleep I'll bring him in bed with us.  Again it doesn't happen every night, but it's happens enough that that's what we'd call a normal night.  Anyway-- I told you all that to tell you the sweet thing that Max does in the morning.  If he wakes up in our bed, the first thing he does is he pokes his little head up, pulls himself up on daddy, to see if Kate is sleeping in the chair.  When he sees her he gets the biggest smile on his face!  Then he'll yell at Kate to wake her up.  She does, and she says "Hi Max!" and they get so excited to see each other and they'll start yelling and laughing.  It's so adorable.

He can say syllables like dada and mama, but he's never used them in the right context so I'm not counting them as his first word.  If I did, he said "dada" first.  Now, he says "oooh" and "woah" when he's playing with something he thinks is cool.  So I think, "woah" is what I will count as his first official word.  I don't even remember Kate's.  I know she said "dada" first like almost every baby does, but I can't remember the first word she used correctly...



Kate-

Talk about a riot!  She is so stinking hilarious.  Her life may as well be copyrighted by Disney because everything she says and does usually has some sort of connection to a Disney movie in some way.  Her favorite thing to do right now is to play pretend.  We play pretend so many times a day I can't even count.  Just today at lunchtime, I was Captain Hook, and I was going to make her walk the plank if she didn't eat her carrots.  We play Jake and the Neverland Pirates a lot.  Max is always Cubby, and Kate and I switch off being Izzy and Jake.  It just depends if she wants to have to sword or pixie dust.  I love to play with her and I just let her imagination fly.  We have amazing adventures together.  When we're not playing pirates, we are most likely playing dolls, dressing up like princesses, or having tea parties.  

She's become really independent lately.  She wants to get herself dressed, put on her own shoes, and lately she's been really into making her own lunch.  We're usually having some sort of sandwich, so it's something I can let her do without making too big of a mess.

She's such a chatterbox.  We have a chair in our front room that we sit and talk on every day.  It's where we talk about our "favorite things".  It's where she was sitting in the video I took, and I think it's why she talked for the camera so well instead of clamming up.  We talk about everything from our favorite movies, to colors, to tv shows...to Disneyland.  It's been 6 months since we've been to Disneyland, but it's still a topic of daily discussion here. 




Well, both my kids have awoken from their naps, so I guess it's time to wrap up my rambling about them.  Here are just a few more pictures of their shenanigans.


When I was trying to make Kate's birthday cake, they got into the powdered sugar!  They were covered in it!  Really a lot worse than the pictures make it seem.



But how can you get mad at this face?  You can't!  It's not possible!   Dang he's too cute!

Oh yes, not only the powdered sugar, but the food coloring as well.  Kids!


The other day it was supposed to storm all day.  Well, it rained for 5 minutes.  And what's sad is that's not even an exaggeration.  But, we made the most of it that we could!  Kate ran out and played it in, pj's and all!


I'm so grateful for my life, for my kids and for my family.  I love being a mom!

No comments: