Beating the heat

It's offically summer here, which means it is soooo hot outside! For me that means I need to put extra effort into entertaining Kate during the day. When it's too hot to play outside, and we don't have a car to go anywhere anyway, we've got to get creative.  Yesterday I introduced Kate to how much fun a simple paper bag can be.  We made puppets!  And Kate sure got a kick out of it!  I helped her make most of them, but the one that looks like a scary dictator, she made herself.



I got out my background stand and white muslin and made a puppet show theater! 




That night for FHE I asked Kate what she wanted to do, and she chose playing in the pool!  She loves this pool!  And so does Max!


He looks too big in this picture.

Isn't our backyard lovely?  The side where we drain the kidde pool is lush with green [weeds].


What makes a kiddie pool even more fun?  A kiddie slide of course!

My kids are too cute!  I love my family!

No comments: