Anyway, so we got to sleep in a little that morning (haha, yeah right). I wanted some breakfast and as I was searching for the room service menu, I found the flyer that advertised the character breakfast in the hotel. Adults: 25.99 Kids (0-2) FREE! Dustin never eats breakfast anyway, so I just took Kate down to the character breakfast. I figured about $30 wasn't bad for both of us to eat. I'm so glad I did! This was one of the funnest things we did this trip. They really make it worth the money to go. Each and every character makes sure to stop at your table to hug the kids and make sure the parents get pictures. Then about every 15 minutes they would have a big dance party with the characters. The food was delicious, and of course disney themed. We had Mickey Mouse shaped waffles and pancakes. Kate was loving every minute!
We sat right next to this little stage. I couldn't get Kate to eat much breakfast because she was having so much fun dancing on it!
And yes, she does have only one shoe on.

Kate was so excited that she got to "dance with daisy!" that that's all she talked about all day.
All in all, it was definitely worth the money and something I would do again.
We relaxed and napped in our hotel room for a little while and then we met up with the family in Long Beach to go to the
Aquarium of the Pacific
This was a fun little aquarium and the kids just loved it. When the kids first saw the fish they all started freaking out and laughing! They were way more excited to see fish than to go to Disneyland. haha. Dustin has video on his phone, I'll have to post that later.
The coolest part of this aquarium were these shark embryos. Yup, these are unborn baby sharks still in their eggs. There is just a piece of plastic where the rest of the egg should be so you can see inside. You can actually see the baby sharks swimming around in their eggs! It was really fascinating, I couldn't stop staring at them!
Those of you that know Kate well know that while she is girly, she is also fearless. Dustin was helping her touch the stingrays when the worker asked if Kate wanted to touch a shark. Kate said yes and the lady pulled one out of the tank for her to touch. Kate touched it and then...
SMACK! The shark decided it had had enough touching and wiggled itself out of the lady's hands smacking Kate's face with it's tail on the way down. If you look closely at this picture you can see the shark plunging into the water and Kate's face in shock that it just hit her. She didn't cry, even though it left a pretty big welt. She just laughed and said "a shark hit my face".
When we were done having fun here we grabbed some McDonalds and went back to our hotel. We all went to bed pretty early. We wanted to be rested for our final day of Disneyland.










No comments:
Post a Comment