Halloween Festivities

First off here are cute pictures of my kids in their costumes. Max was very excited to get his picture taken,


Kate was not.



But she does make the cutest Tinkerbell I've ever seen!  On Friday Dustin's work had a Halloween party so I got the kids ready and we headed over there for a bit of cubicle trick or treating.

Dustin revived his "Coach Watson" costume from last year and won 1st place in the costume contest!  He won a Starbucks gift card, which he traded to his friend Jermaine for a weeks worth of McRib sandwiches.  After the work party we headed home to get ready for our ward trunk or treat.  I hadn't purchased a costume and wasn't planning on dressing up, but after being told that I was lame, I dressed in black and put on some Minnie ears.  It wasn't the best costume, but at least I matched Max.


This is the only picture I got from the trunk or treat.  We were busy eating when we were inside, and busy trunk or treating outside.  Dustin dressed as "Fancy Batman" for the ward party.  But, he got in trouble for his Batman mask and had to take it off, so basically he was just fancy. 

Kate had so much fun running from car to car getting candy.  We love our ward, and we always have such a fun time when we get together!

Saturday night our neighbors had a Halloween party so we got Kate in her costume again (the rest of us were lazy) and went to hang out over there. 


We stayed there for about an hour and then headed over to ANOTHER Halloween party that some other friends were having. It was lots of fun and needless to say we were exhausted by the end of the night. So exhausted, that Kate and I ended up sick that night! What I thought was just a case of bad allergies escalated into a cold for me by the end of the night, and around 1:00 Kate woke up crying and struggling to breathe. Not as bad of an asthma attack as last time, but I didn't hestitate to give her a breathing treatment. Then I tried to get back to sleep, but around 3:00 Kate threw up. She has only thrown up once before and that was due to car sickness, so this was a new ordeal for us! Well, for Dustin, he's the champ who cleaned it up. So on Sunday we all rested and we're feeling a bit better today. We'll see if we feel better by tonight, but if not, I'd say we still had an amazing Halloween!

2 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

Love the Costumes! I about did Lyssa as Tinkerbell too, but I think I will wait til she is older and longer hair :) Hey so I have to tell you, my Mom was inspired by your costume last year!!!? Flo!! Thats right she was the Progressive Lady, as were you right? And wasn't your hair brown too? I remember telling her that I thought your costune was hilarous and she dressed up as her this year! The apron headband everything! I can send you a pic if you want? I haven't seen what she looked like yet either?

Alicia said...

CUTE! And Erin, you don't have to buckle under peer pressure. If you don't want to dress up and someone calls you lame... that's THEIR problem. (I hope you heard me say all that in my sarcastic and condescending teacher voice.)

So sorry you guys got sick -and that's awesome that Dustin cleaned up puke! Danny can't otherwise I end up cleaning 2 messes... yuck. You have such a cute family!