
Over the past week I have been feeling so grateful. Have you ever had one of those days where it feels like the Lord is giving you a big slap to the face and says, "Hey! Look at what you have you ungrateful child!". Well, that's the kind of week I've been having. It's days like these that make me realize how selfish I can be, and how blessed I really am. I am overwhelmingly grateful to have:
- a wonderful husband who loves me very much and works hard to support our family
- a beautiful daughter whose kisses remind me how wonderful life really is
- the gospel of Jesus Christ
- a beautiful home
- our families
- health
- financial means to pay our bills and feed our faces
- an eternal marriage. My grandpa passed away last week, and it's such an amazing thing to know that he is up in heaven having a joyous reunion with my grandma. What an amazing blessing this is! To not only have a marriage here on earth, but in the eternities as well!!
- an eternal family
- temples close by
- the opportunity to be a wife and mother
"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.
"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues" --Thomas S. Monson
I especially love this quote by our prophet. It so true! When we focus on the negative, we become very ingrateful. When we focus on the positive, and think about all that the Lord has given us we are very thankful. I love the Lord so much and I am so grateful for all that he has done for me and my family. He has always watched over us and has helped us out in our times of need. He's there to give me strength and peace whenever I need it, and I know that he hears and answers our prayers. I'm so grateful for the life he has given me, and I'll continue to live it the best I can!
4 comments:
Beautiful Post!!
I love that quote too! This is a great post!
Thanks! I think I needed a reminder to be grateful!
You make me proud.
Post a Comment