

I did as my friend Erin suggested and started shooting in RAW format. This is helpful! The only thing I don't like is that my version of photoshop is too old (we still have just CS) to handle RAW files. So after I edit them a little in my software that came with my camera, I have to convert them back into JPEG before opening them in Photoshop. I'm not sure if that's hindering me.


I tried really hard to grasp the concept of correct exposure while shooting in manual mode today. I think I'm starting to understand it. Kinda. I'll definitely be practicing this more. One major "oops" for today was that I set my ISO way too high. Before I went outside, I was trying to take some indoor photos (not so good) and I forgot so reset it. So all my pics are too grainy. Lesson learned.
Well, I hope this post didn't bore everyone to pieces. And as always, I save my favorite for last...

2 comments:
Keep snapping shots, and keep posting pictures. This is YOUR blog and you will want these pictures. Besides...grandparents LOVE to see them.
These look so good! I'm going to love these posts for sure, so I'm not bored at all.
As long as you can correct exposure and white balance in RAW, you're good to go. Correcting white balance in JPEG isn't as forgiving, but if you get good white balance in camera then it doesn't really matter. There are still some photogs that only shoot JPEG, so if it's really inconvenient to shoot RAW then you can just learn how to shoot good in camera and then JPEG isn't so bad. I'm so proud of you for switching over to manual so fast! Did you use spot metering and meter on her face to get exposure? That will work best 90% of the time. It's only hard when you are in full sunlight.
Keep it up!!! These look so good.
Post a Comment