

This day was also the 28th! Which means my baby is 11 months old now. It's so crazy that I have to start planning a birthday party. I start crying just thinking about it! This year has gone by way too fast. Here are Kate's latest milestones:
-she now uses walking as her main mode of transportation
-she HATES sitting still
-does a little chest bump dance
-laughs at EVERYTHING
-almost weaned
-loves to turn the TV on and off
-loves to carry things while walking
She is really developing her own personality lately, and it's hilarious. Anyway, onto the zoo.

That morning was kind of stressful. I realized about half-way through the morning that we had forgotten Kate's formula, which instantly put me in a bad mood. It's ridiculous trying to nurse her in public now. For one- she's huge and won't stay still, and two- she won't keep the nursing cover on. So after a lot of walking, and Kate getting really grumpy it was time for lunch. I tried to feed Kate some baby food to calm her down but she won't take it. After multiple tries, I give up and nurse her. She's kicking the table, trying to take the nursing cover off, and I'm trying my hardest to not embarrass myself and everyone around me. Then....CHOMP! Kate bites me! It figures the first time she would ever do that would be in a public place! I instinctively yell "Ow! You DO NOT do that to mommy!" Which makes Kate start crying, and everyone stares at me. So much for being discreet.
After that Kate feel asleep in her stroller and the day was a lot better. We had a lot of fun seeing all the exhibits, but we were all so exhausted! Sherice especially was since she's with child. I definitely can sympathize with that since the last time I was at the San Diego Zoo I was pregnant with Kate, and I about died walking around that enormous zoo all day.

.jpg)

When we all felt we couldn't take it anymore we took one of the express buses back to the entrance, and ended up seeing most of the rest of the zoo on the way. We watched the sea lion show (which Kate loved!) and headed back to the hotel.
That night we ordered gigantic pizzas! I mean they were gigantic! I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of these pizzas. There were two and it was MORE than enough to feed our family of twelve. I could barely eat two slices! Imagine a medium size round kitchen table. That's how big the pizza was. It was delicious.
It was another wonderful day of vacation (besides the whole being bit part)!
No comments:
Post a Comment