A year ago yesterday

A year ago yesterday, was a day that changed my life forever.

It was the day that I found out that I would be a mother.

Dustin and I had just returned from Utah. We had awoken early that morning to go to the airport. We have to fly stand-by in order to receive flight benefits, so we arrived at the airport first thing in the morning, and awaited the first available flight. We didn't make it on the first flight, and just barely made it onto the second. We were exhausted by the time we got home, but we stopped at Wal-Mart first to pick up a pregnancy test.

Over the weekend, I started to suspect that I was, but didn't know for sure. Dustin and I were very tired so Dustin suggested that we take a nap and then take the pregnancy test. I agreed. Of course I couldn't sleep though! So after about a half hour of debating, I couldn't wait any longer. I just had to know! So I got up and took the test while Dustin was still asleep.

It said pregnant! I was so excited that I jumped back in bed, and shook Dustin awake to show him the test.

Dustin's reaction?

"Hu? Oh yeah, cool."

I can't pretend that I wasn't hurt by that! haha. He eventually woke up all the way, and then we were really excited together.


A year ago yesterday, was one of the best days of our lives.

We were going to be parents!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was a little more enthused than that! Come on now.

Alicia said...

That is so sweet! I love the story. I wish I had neat stories like that. I think both times we were more shocked and scared than anything else. Now I have never been happier, but then, I was pretty nervous.