Kate turned 4 months old on friday. I can't believe how quickly these last four months have flown by!
Kate can now:
reach out and grab things
take her binky out of her mouth
laugh a little bit
grab her feet
switch an object from one hand to the other
chew on both of her hands at the same time
stand in her saucer
talk and yell loudly
almost roll over
(I found her sleeping like this the other night. We think she was dreaming of dancing to Thriler)
She is now in her 3-6 month clothes, and she'll be out of them very soon. She's growing so fast! I think I may have spoke too soon about her sleeping through the night, because she no longer does! She will go to sleep around 8:00 and then I'll feed her again when I go to bed around 12:00. She'll wake up around 4:00 to eat again, and then again around 8:00. I know that I can probably start feeding her some cereal, but I think I'm going to breastfeed exclusively for as long as I can. I don't mind this at all though. I don't work, so Kate and I sleep in until about 10:30 every day! She did sleep better last night, so maybe she was just going through a growth spurt.
She's a very happy baby most of the time, but she definitely gets into what we call "Queen Kate" moods. This is where she cries a very whiny cry and only wants to be held. It usually occurs when she needs a nap. When she is tired she wants to be left alone with peace and quiet to go to sleep. She does not sleep well in public. We learned this when we went to the Mills mall on Saturday. She was very angry with all the noise and was very tired. I've never heard her cry that angrily or for that long before. She finally went to sleep when Dustin was holding her very tightly and walking very swiftly to get her to calm down.

I have a lot more pictures to post, but I think that will do for now.
Over this past week, I have had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my little family. I love them so much, and I am SO GRATEFUL to have these people in my life. I never knew I could love someone so much, until my husband and baby Kate came along. I cannot describe the joy that I feel when I receive a hug from my husband, or a smile from my baby. I love that I am a member of the church, and that we have the awesome blessing of being sealed together FOREVER as a family.
She's a very happy baby most of the time, but she definitely gets into what we call "Queen Kate" moods. This is where she cries a very whiny cry and only wants to be held. It usually occurs when she needs a nap. When she is tired she wants to be left alone with peace and quiet to go to sleep. She does not sleep well in public. We learned this when we went to the Mills mall on Saturday. She was very angry with all the noise and was very tired. I've never heard her cry that angrily or for that long before. She finally went to sleep when Dustin was holding her very tightly and walking very swiftly to get her to calm down.
I have a lot more pictures to post, but I think that will do for now.
Over this past week, I have had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for my little family. I love them so much, and I am SO GRATEFUL to have these people in my life. I never knew I could love someone so much, until my husband and baby Kate came along. I cannot describe the joy that I feel when I receive a hug from my husband, or a smile from my baby. I love that I am a member of the church, and that we have the awesome blessing of being sealed together FOREVER as a family.
3 comments:
She is a doll!! What a cutie. Natalie sleeps like that too. It is so funny!
Thanks for the pictures!!! They make me happpy and smile. The dress is adorable.
Oh my gosh, out of no where she is an INFANT...not a tiny baby! She is so cute Erin!!
I love the dress and coupled with the facial expression...to DIE FOR!!!
Post a Comment