I called jury services yesterday because I had a couple questions regarding my postponement. After those questions were asked I said,
"So, my other questions is--I'm nursing a 3 month old daughter and she will not take a bottle. Do I just bring her with me and explain my case to the judge?"
She said, "No. Are you a stay-at-home mom?"
"Yes."
"Well, all you have to do is write a letter explaining why you can't come and fax it in"
It looks like being a SAHM is enough to get you out of Jury Duty. That's awesome America.
So I wrote a letter, Dustin faxed it for me this morning, and I just called to check on it's status, and I'm excused!
Whew! I was super stressed about that for awhile!
One day I'll fulfill my civic duty, but monday is not that day.
2 comments:
Oh good news! Glad it worked out.
Hi Erin,
Does Thursday at 11:15am work for you?
Leslie
Post a Comment