I've never been a good cook. I can cook, but I don't think I can cook well. I regularly burn things and always overcook my chicken. It's also hard to judge how good my meals are when my husband only gets excited for pizza or some sort of cookie.
I want to be a good cook. A REALLY good cook. The kind of cook that makes people ask me for my recipes, or ask me to cook for them. I want to be included in phrases like, "Have you tried my wife's chocolate cake?" or "My mom makes the best macaroni and cheese". I want to be confident enough to have friends over for dinner, instead of going to dinner.
So I've decided to start making more complicated meals at least once a week. I'm not saying I'm going to cook duck or frog legs, I just want to amp it up a notch. Instead of plain spaghetti, I'll make spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce and meatballs. Then I will blog about what I do. I won't do it on this blog to spare you, I've set up a new blog. It's called The Untalented Chef. I will find recipes from my cookbooks or other websites and make them. I would also like to try some of your recipes! Please help me out! My email address is erin4e@yahoo.com.
My first project: homemade gnocchi with a made-from-scratch italian sausage marinara sauce and chocolate cake with buttercream frosting for dessert.
Are you excited?
You should be.
5 comments:
So Slap me!!! I guess I missed this part of your education. Oh well...but it is in your genes. My mother was a fantastic cook. I consider myself a better than avergage cook. You will do great! Good luck. Keep notes...maybe you can write a book about your experiences, or a great cookbook!
I AM excited!! I can't wait to see the things you think up. Take lots of pictures while you do it!
Holy moly - don't knock yourself out on the first meal!
Homemade gnocci, marinara sauce and chocolate cake - that's a lot of work for one meal. I'd split it into 3 (then you could impress Dustin with your new, mad skills - he'll think its a gourmet meal every night!) Too bad we can't come over.
I agree with your Mom - its in our genes! I also consider myself a good cook, so your already halfway there!
Be sure to get some cake flour for your cake - it will make a huge difference!
The link to your site doesn't work. But because I won't back down, I found the site anyway. It's cute!!
Have fun! You should check out The Pioneer Woman's site. She did the same thing, and her cookbook is coming out in the fall. Her recipes are so good. So good. Everytime I make one, my Dad tries to get me to move back home.
YUMMY!!!
Post a Comment