Well, it was bad news all around today at the doctors office.
First--I have hit the 200 pound mark. I almost cried today when they moved the little weight on the scale from 150 to 200. Do you know what 200 pounds looks like on a 5'2" frame? Think about the marshmallow monster from Ghostbusters. Now picture that monster as a blonde pregnant lady. That's how I feel. The most aggravating part is, I really feel like I've done my best to keep the weight off! I'll have to occasional fast food craving (who doesn't?), but I would have to say that 80%-90% of what I eat is healthy! I eat healthier now than I did before I was preggers. How do I get rewarded? By gaining 50 pounds. Fifty. Five-Zero. Fifty! Ugh. You need to come out Kate! Mommy needs to start losing this weight!
Second--I only have 6 days left until my due date and my cervix is still closed. I'm not progressing at all. This baby is happy right where she is. I know I've mentioned this before, but I really think she's going to have her Dad's personality. She's a procrastinator. She'll wait until the very last minute, and then everything will happen at once.
It's been a disappointing day. I'm really hoping to give everyone good news with my next post. Keep me in your prayers!
1 year ago
19 comments:
Hang in there!! If it makes you feel better, I gained just about that much weight as well. Like I said in my post, I was HUGE! And the pictures that I posted weren't even at 39 or 40 weeks... more like 37. You will be suprised at how much weight will just drop off on it's own in the first few months. And as for her not coming, just think, you can do anything for one week right? That's all you have left. It may be the longest crappiest week of your life, but at least there is an end in sight!! Make Dustin give you a nice long foot rub tonight.
Ok, that comment was from Erin H., not Trisha. Oops!!
Baby girl,
YOU CAN DO THIS!
I'll send some positive energy into the universe on your behalf and Kate's.
Love, mommy
Don't worry - I gained 45 pounds with each of mine & they were tiny babies! You can do it! Just hang in there :)
Your in my prayers. Keep up with all the remedies.
I TOTALLY hear ya with the weight gaine! UGH. It can be SO disheartening. I tipped the scales at 203 right before I delivered my last and that was not fun to know. If it makes you feel any better you'll lose about 15-20 pounds within 24 hours of delivering, YAY!! Hang in there, Woman!!
Don't you worry it will all be over soon and you will have that sweet baby girl! And they are worth waiting for! Hang in there!
Oh, MAN! The last part is the hardest, and it seems to last forever! I feel for you. I really really really really really do.
And I have a gift for Kate. Can you e mail me your new address so I can send it to you?
Get yourself some mood boosters! Eat some chocolate! Rent a chick flick! Read a girly novel! Burn a bra!
Sorry, babe. The scales are so scary at the end of pregnancy. I hope she comes soon - but try not to stress it (easier said than done - I was ready to DIE the last week I was prego w/Anna). Some women don't progress at all, and then are suddenly in labor. Others (like me) progess for WEEKS and, still, nothing happens.
Plan lots of things to do (decorate, shop, date, etc) and the baby is sure to come while you are totally involved in something, right?
ERIN... You are doing GREAT!!. Don't worry about weight now. Just have that baby!!
Erin, have Dustin rub the back of your ankle above your heel. That's what a massuse told me. Good luck.
Awww Erin I'll pray for you! You can do it!
Don't feel bad, I gained 78 lbs with my first and I was sick the entire time! Tell me how that happens? But the good thing is I lost 40lbs in the hospital.
First babies usually take longer, but she will be here soon and you won't remember any of this;)
I will pray for you every night if you pray for me, my morning sickness is about to put me in the grave:(
I can't wait to see you're little one, hang in there!
P.S. I have a gift for you too! I need your address as well.
darah_deets@yahoo.com
Think happy thoughts!! :) Little Kate will arrive when she is ready. I went overdue with Kiehra and it was absolute the worst!! However, you can't ever remember those long weeks of waiting and wanting her out when you are holding her in your arms. Hang in there. We are excited for you to post some pics of her arrival!
Hey Erin! At least you know she's healthy! I know your probably uncomfortable but as soon as little Kate gets here you wont know where all that time has gone! Enjoy these last few days! Your almost done!!!
hey! you are getting so close! the last 2 or 3 weeks of waiting are ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! no one can understand completely until they've been there. just know that everyone is thinking about you! and let me tell you this: i went a week over and was finally induced.. i was actually GLAD in the end to have an induction, because i was guaranteed to have MY dr there, and it was actually quite relaxing and an enjoyable experience. i am super excited for you! hope all goes well. you'll do great! find something to do every day to make the time go by faster! i am convinced you cannot "make" your baby come, but you CAN keep yourself preoccupied to make the time seem quicker! :) before you know it, you'll be a home with sweet baby kate!
Hang in there Erin! I know what you mean about the weight thing. I keep gaining too much weight in between appointments and I just don't know what else to do...I'm the same way--you'd think that you wouldn't be upset because, hey, you're pregnant...but your mind thinks the exact opposite way. Hope this baby makes an appearance soon!!
PS...I just got an ultrasound last week and the technician actually said, "Well, she's well-fed!" Maybe it will be funnier when I'm not a whale anymore. :)
Post a Comment