One week left!

On Saturday Dustin and I had one last official date. We went and walked around a couple malls, and then went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. This is one of my favorites, but we hardly ever go there because it's expensive. Well...expensive for us. We're really frugal people. But on Saturday night we decided that price wasn't a problem and we ordered whatever we wanted. I had the chicken canneloni, and Dustin had the 16oz tuscan sirloin steak. Then for dessert we shared a piece of lemon cake. So yummy! I'm glad we got to do this. Who knows when we'll get our next chance?

Easter was pretty uneventful for us. Our church starts at 8:00am, and I just couldn't get my big pregnant bum out of bed yesterday morning. So we missed church. On Easter Sunday. Horrible. We slept in until 11:00, and relaxed all day. I even painted my toes! A big accomplishment for myself, since I can barely reach my toes! Then for dinner we had egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs. And that's as "easter" as we got this year.

For the past couple of months, I've been going back-and-forth with the idea of taking some maternity photos. I was going to have my sister-in-law Bethany take them (she's got the super nice camera and the talent), but then everyone got so busy that I just forgot about the idea until last night. So I finally decided to go for it (even though I feel like a whale!), and Dustin and I set up a little studio in our living room. Here's what we could do with a sheet, a lamp, and our crappy point-and-shoot camera on a tripod. Oh- and photoshop! I don't really have a stretch mark-less belly.


I am now officially ONE week away from my due date.

Hopefully my next post will be introducing you to Kate!

8 comments:

Deven and Britany Dicus said...

So cute! I love the one with Dustin kissing your belly! Hopefully she comes soon, i'm sure you guys can hardly wait to meet her!

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

cute pictures! & im proud of u for enduring your pregnancy almost up to your due date! cant wait to see little kate!

Dayna said...

I love your pictures! Especially the one with the red heart on it. Good luck with everything in the next week!

Candace said...

Beautiful pictures!! I don't think you'll regret doing it.

Best wishes as your BIG day approaches QUICKLY!

Anonymous said...

oh they turned out really cute!!! we need to do your hair this week sometime i have wen. off if you want to come over...

RonElaine said...

I am shocked that you were able to paint your toes - that is really is so amazing. Something only other women who have been pregnant would understand.

I love the photo of Dustin kissing your belly. Even though you feel like a whale, you'll love those pics later. There are even some of mine that I didn't like when I took them, but now that I'm not pregnant anymore, they are starting to grow on me.

Alicia said...

I can't believe you're so close!!!!!

Shandi said...

HOW FUN! GREAT MEMORIES WITH THOSE PICS. CAN'T WAIT TO MEET HER.