This morning was my 38 week check-up.
Good news: I actually did get checked this time.
Bad news: I am not close at all. Not at all. I guess she's her father's daughter! Laid back and in no hurry.
So this week I will eat lots of spicy food, take long walks, continue to drink my raspberry leaf tea and take my primrose oil, eat pineapple, do yoga, maybe get a massage, and spend some "quality" time with Dustin. Are there any other old-wives-tale remedies that I'm missing? haha.
But mostly I'm just going to relax and be patient.
I know that she will come when she's ready, and I intend to fully enjoy my last days of laziness and no responsibility.
1 year ago
8 comments:
Hi Erin.
Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi.
I took an herb supplement during the last six weeks of my pregnancy with Trent. It's called "Dr. Christopher's Pre-natal Formula" and it got things moving like crazy. Trent was born at 36 weeks and labor started at 5:30 am and ended at 7:56 am. I healed up so fast. But then I got an infection which had nothing to do with the herb. I loved it. When I have another baby someday in the far far future, I'm going to take it again. Cayla Fish told me about it. She took it with both pregnancies
I heard that herb really works! If I didn't have to have c-sections I would definetly use it on my next baby.
Enjoy these next few weeks. Kids are great, but your life will never be the same. Pamper yourself like crazy!!! Good luck!
SLEEP ALL YOU CAN! It will never be the same after that baby comes. Haha. Sad, but true.
And you could try taking castor oil, but it will give ya the runs. Good luck!
Sounds just like Anna - they'll be great friends! Except I WAS progressing, she just wanted to hang out for 2 weeks - what a stinker!
Good idea to enjoy all you can. I love being pregnant (not so much at the very end, but overall). About 4 weeks after the baby is born, when I start feeling more like a person than a zombie, I want to trade my jell-o belly for a cute prego belly.
The grass is always greener on the other side...
I personally wouldn't take any of the "natural" herbs and stuff they SAY can induce labor.
This sounds so insensitive...but 12 days isn't very long. Just take advantage of the time you have to REST and be baby free!! She will be here sooner than you know it and then you can't put her back!
This sounds really negative...huh. I don't mean it that way. I just say sit back and relax!
I agree.... just relax and enjoy yourself. Go and get a pedicure and have cute toes and just make yourself feel good. It will probably happen when you least expect it. Good luck with everything I really hope it all goes will for you.
I don't know about all the 'advice'. I know NOT to take the castor oil! I did that with you. GAG ME! and it did not work.
The herbs......pray about it.
A pregnancy massage sounds like the best advice. Take the time to organize things, cause you won't want to later. I love you!
Mommy
PS Elaine, if you read this, I can't get on to your blog. Is it cause I said the "O" word?
Aunt Wendy
I'm so excited for you guys! Only a few days to go!! YAY!! I bet your s excited! Looks like you guys will have diapers for a year! That is so awesome!! Good Luck with everything!
Post a Comment