All good things come to an end...

Last night was my last night of work.

I was originally planning to work all of March, but I'm sooo glad that I decided to take off a couple weeks early. It was just getting way too uncomfortable to work. I have very mixed feelings about this. Although I am going to really really miss doing hair, I'm so excited about the upcoming part of my life! I am very grateful that Dustin and I have a budget, and although it's tight, we do not rely on my income, so I will be able to stay at home with baby Kate. I'll eventually return to work, but for now I'm super grateful that I can just focus on being a mom.

In honor of my last night, I made sure to get an appointment with my favorite nail tech, Laci. We decided to do ladybug toes. (are you noticing a theme yet? haha) Please ignore the horrid swelling of my feet and toes and just focus on the nails.

Cute right?

On Wednesday morning I had a doctors appointment. I didn't gain any weight this time! In fact, I think I may have even lost a pound or two. I can't be sure though because I don't recall what the scale said two weeks ago. The doctor said everything looks good, and that the baby is already in a head down "ready to launch" position. I think she may have "dropped" already as well, which explains the added discomfort I have been feeling.

All in all, I'm still feeling pretty good!

Nervous...but good!

4 comments:

RonElaine said...

Horray for no more work! I quit 6 weeks before I was due w/Liah and LOVED it. It's totally worth it. Your toenails look cute - I wish I would've had someone to give me a pedi when I was prego and swollen.

Mark said...

You're going to be a great Momma.

mandee said...

Hey dustin,
How are you?? I found your blog on Britanys blog, Congrates on the baby news. Hope you guys are doing good. TTYL :)

Kay said...

Cute toes! I got a pedicure the week before I delivered (I was early so it wasn't supposed to be that close), but I had them paint them hot pink. My thinking: Maybe they'll look at my toes instead of focusing on my parts hanging out for everyone to see! ☺ Good luck, I'll be thinking about you since when you deliver I will only have 5 weeks left...