We've moved!

I haven’t updated our blog since Thanksgiving, so here’s what’s been going on.

Thanksgiving morning my dad received some sad news. His cousin, Shelley Conway, had passed away. She had lost a very brief 2 month battle with cancer. My sympathies go out to the Conway family and to all those morning her loss. On Monday night, my father came down to Gilbert to go to the viewing. He brought my sister Jennifer with him and I took her to see Twilight that evening. Which, I have to say, wasn’t that bad. I actually enjoyed it. That’s a lot to say, since I’m the only person I know who isn’t in love with the books. Jennifer and my dad stayed the night in my living room.

The next morning my mom drove down with the rest of my siblings. I took Jen, Alex and Jared to see Bolt. That movie was really good. I laughed a lot, and being pregnant I cried at the end. It’s not sad, it just tugs at your heart the way only Disney movies can. You’re going to watch it and be like “What was she crying about?” I’m even welling up just thinking about it. Dang these pregnancy hormones! After the movie I took everyone for “the best burgers they ever had” at In and Out Burger.

The rest of the week was spent trying to organize and pack up our apartment. I wasn’t as successful as I had hoped.
On Friday, we got the keys. Dustin spent all afternoon moving stuff into the new apartment. Saturday morning Sherice and her boyfriend Scott, and Dustin’s friends Nate and Jason came to help us out. We lived in a third floor apartment, and we moved across the street into another third floor apartment! I’m just grateful anyone showed up at all! We got most everything moved in (once again, Thanks so much guys!) and we went and cleaned out the old apartment on Sunday. That took all day. We didn’t realize how much we had left to do!

Monday morning Dustin called in sick to work. Honestly, I think that move killed us all. We got some more errands done, unpacked a good portion of the boxes, and finally put up our crib!

We also went and bought some stuff for the new apartment. We got some new bath stuff at wal-mart, and a new couch cover at Linens and Things. I have been waiting for one of these for four years now!


I also purchased a bedding set from there as well about a week ago. We're loving the going out of business sale!Then finally we put up our Christmas decorations! Usually they go up the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I had to wait until we were moved in. We bought this tree 4 years ago for our first Christmas at Family Dollar. We’ve kept it ever since. Every year we’ve just added more and more lights and ornaments to distract ourselves from the hideousness of the actual tree. There are 3 strings of lights and about 6 boxes of ornaments on it this year. Also I added a star to the top later.




We love our new apartment so much! We are so grateful that everything has worked out so well. Only 16 days until Christmas!

No comments: