Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve Jaron got a call to play Santa at a neighbor’s house. We thought it would be entertaining to have him stay in the costume and come and see Maddock. We tried to prepare the little guy by saying, “Santa is coming!” to which he would reply, “ho, ho ho!”. But as soon as Santa came through the front door, Maddock ran the other way! It seems that he is afraid of Santa. (Actually, to be fair, I think it’s all white-bearded men. He was deathly afraid of the old gentleman that makes balloon animals at Texas Roadhouse.) He would only sit on Santa’s lap if Sherice sat with him.

As is tradition in the Watson household, we had our Christmas Eve Mexican feast. Green chili burros, bean burros, guacamole, tamales, enchiladas, beans and salsas. Delicious.

After dinner we all gathered around in the living room to hear my father-in-law read some Christmas stories. Then we played Bunco. This is one of our favorite traditions because everyone is so competitive; it becomes a really intense game. Dustin ended up winning, and we took home a football and a Subway gift card as prizes. Then we all went to bed. Well, tried to anyway. I’m one of those people who still can’t sleep on Christmas Eve. Add on the pregnancy woes of an aching back and having to go to the bathroom every two hours…yeah…I didn’t sleep at all. I also think my baby knew it was Christmas because she started kicking and squirming inside me from about 5 in the morning. Which needless to say, kept me up as well. So I was very thankful when Christmas morning came and we all got to go downstairs!

No comments: