
Do you see what I see? Then I noticed a pattern:





Society always blames models, actresses, and fashion magazines for the ever growing body image epidemic among women. But wouldn't you agree that perhaps the process starts at a much younger age? We've loved these characters since we were little, and always adored them because they were so pretty. But does pretty = anorexic-ly skinny?
Then I started to think about fuller figured characters. Only a few come to mind. Mrs. Potts, Mulan's grandma, Mim (the evil wizard from The Sword and the Stone) and of course, Ursula. Come on Disney, are you trying to tell us that if we are overweight we are old and evil?
3 comments:
true true. I would totally have to agree with you Erin. At first I thought you were making an annoucement about the sex of the baby! hahah Can't wait to hear. Love you guys!
this is totally what happens when you become pregnant - the whole world become different. Everyone wants to be a princess, right? I have shied away from purchasing "princess" things for Liah ever since she was born. Do we have some, yes, everyone else loves to buy them. If she decides she loves princess things, then I have no problem, but I don't want to give her a complex about her body image from the time she was born. Not to mention there is that whole controversy about how being a princess means that (as a girl), you can't do anything for yourself because you just want your prince to sweep you off your feet and take care of all your problems. While I am less worried about the latter, I never even thought about it until I was pregnant.
HEY I MADE A BLOG!
Post a Comment