Old wives tales:
I crave salty foods= boy
I haven't had any headaches= girl
I also crave meat and cheese= boy
I have acne= girl
I haven't had morning sickness= boy
I dream of having boys, so therefore I must be having a girl. (Does dreaming about having triplet boys triple my chances?)
My left breast is bigger than my right (a little too much info? yeah I thought so too when I read this one) =girl
I grip mugs by the body instead of the handle= girl
I show my hands palm down= boy
I carry my extra weight out front= boy
Dustin hasn't gained any sympathy weight (but does he ever?!?) =girl
The hair on my legs isn't growing any faster than before I was pregnant= girl
The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair- natural or dyed =girl
My feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy= girl.
Crazy right? Some of these make sense, but I just can't believe that because my mom colors her hair that means I'm having a girl.
String test:
I read about this once in a book called Mrs. Mike. It's how midwives used to predict gender before there were ultrasounds. And, it's all over the internet. You get a piece of thread, attach a light weight (i.e. a paper clip) and hold it over your belly. If the string moves from side to side like a pendulum- you've got a boy. If it moves in circles- you're having a girl.
I'm only 10 weeks now, so it might have been to early for this test- but it moved in circles.
Chinese Gender Prediction chart:
This one can be tricky. It's based on you lunar age and the lunar month in which you conceived. So you have to use conversion tools, which are all over the internet as well. Example: I'm 24 and I'm pretty sure I conceived in July. My lunar age is 25 and the lunar month is June. According to this chart I'm having a boy.

But--- I also took 2 gender prediction tests that are supposed to be based on this calender and they said I was having a girl.
Other Mathematical equations:
My age (24) and the year I conceived in (2008) are both even numbers= girl
The sum of my age (24) and the number of the month I conceived in (7) equals an odd number (31)= girl
Other "tests" I took:
Old Wives Tale Test (http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/) =boy
Will you baby be a boy or girl? (http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html) = girl
Gender Tool (http://www.babygendertool.com/baby-gender-test.aspx) =boy
The Gender Predictor Test (http://www.nerdtests.com/mq/take.php?id=7830) =girl
There was also this site called fortunebaby.com that wanted $19.95 to see your test results! What? Who is seriously that gullible?
It won't be another month or two until we actually find out. But now you have all of the information to make an educated guess :)
4 comments:
Things like this are so crazy! Sometimes I wonder how people even come up with all the crap. I have friends w/horrible morning sickness that have boys and I carried out front w/Liah and she was a girl...I can't beleive one site actually charged money for the answer! I always think it's fun to look things up though and laugh at all the craziness.
Erin good luck with all the guessing. Now with Tayela I always had a headache and of course she's a girl. With Bryan I was always sick for the first couple of months. But with this pregnancy I have had both the headaches and alot alot of morning sickness. So I thought for sure it was a boy, well its not it's another girl so like I said good luck with all the guessing cause I don't know what to tell you.
My mom did all of those tests, and I was supposed to be a boy. I still can't believe she trusted some dinky weight on a string. It makes me laugh. I do have some masculine tendencies. Maybe I put out those vibes as a fetus. But I had morning sickness for 24 weeks with this pregnancy, and he is all boy. For now. just pick a unisex name for your belly. Like Pat. Or Jerry.
Good luck I was sick with both. But with Morgan he sat really low and with Eva she was really High. so who knows. I can't wait to know what your having. we have a blog to
jacobmagen.blogspot.com
I can't wait to start shopping for you, oh and Margaret is due the same week as you. isn't that funny
Love you guys
Post a Comment