Kindergarten Kate

This just happened:




I can't believe I have a child in school now!  She is just so big.  I had tried to brace myself for weeks for this big change, but I still cried when I dropped her off on the first day!  I was totally fine that morning while I was getting her ready and driving to school.  We all took her in to the playground.  She was shy at first, but then decided to go play with the other kids.  She slowly walked onto the playground, and it took her a bit, but then she started talking to another little girl.  Then she turned back at me and gave me the biggest happiest smile.  She was so glad to have already made a friend.  That's when I started getting emotional.  I made it through flag ceremony, and walking her to class, but when she sat down in her desk I lost it.  When did she get so big??  She was so excited though, she didn't even care that mommy was crying, she was just so happy to be there! 


Good luck at school this year Kate!  You are going to do awesome!

No comments: