We checked into the hospital at 6:00 am. We were taken directly to triage where they started the whole process of poking me with way too many needles. I was really nervous for the surgery, I think I even said "I don't want to do this, let's just go home."
They were a little late taking us back to the OR since they were waiting on a nurse. We finally went back around 8:40 and as soon as I got back there I didn't have a time to be nervous anymore! They did the spinal immediately. That's always the worst part for me, but they got it in fairly quickly and after that everything happened so fast. One of the nurses called it a "pit crew", and I think that's a perfect way of describing it. You have so many people working on your body at once. I went numb immediately (which is the most relaxing feeling ever--it's so weird), they tested me, they put the curtain up and brought Dustin in. Dustin held my hand for like a minute before they said, "Ok Dad get your camera ready". He stood up, I felt a big push (the weirdest sensation ever), Dr Bickley said "Happy Birthday!" and then I heard the cry of my baby boy at 8:56am.
I could hear all the nurses commenting on how big he was. He was 8lbs 15 oz! That's a full pound more than Kate weighed when she was born and she was a week late. They got him all cleaned up, weighed and snuggled up and finally they brought him to me.
I thought he looked so big and chubby compared to my other babies. I also thought he looked just like Max when we was born. I held him for awhile and we shared our first few moments with him.
Dustin took him back to the recovery room while they finished stitching me up. It was only a few minutes more before they said they were done and I couldn't believe how fast it was. I went back to the recovery room excited to really hold my baby boy.
I snuggled him, nursed him and fell in love all over again.
After a little while the nurse noticed something weird on my heart monitor. I had started to go into Ventricular Bigeminy which is an irregular heartbeat. It's not that big of a deal but it did make them order an EKG, and echocardiogram, and more bloodwork to see what was causing it. I turned out my magnesium level was low and I had to be given some through my IV to get my heartbeat back to normal. It was weird and it postponed everyone getting to come see the baby.
Once everything was fine we had lots of visitors to come see baby Jack. Grandma Foree and Uncle Jared, Grandma Watson and Aunts Sherice, Bethany and Lacie, and cousins Maddock, Jaylee, Maelee, and Layton.
I loved when my kids got to see him for the first time. They loved him right away!
We are so in love with this little boy. He is such a good baby and a huge blessing in our lives.
1 year ago


















1 comment:
You're such an amazing mom! I love all your cute babies!
Post a Comment