Valentines Day was wonderful this year! Here's a run down of how it went!
I had laid out the kids gifts from me so they would see them when they woke up. I made them fleece blankets and flannel pjs. They saw them, snuggled in their blankets for a bit, then I made our traditional holiday pancakes. I tried to dye them pink, but I was out of pink food coloring, so they were purple this year. Then I went one step further and tried to make them look like hearts. They weren't very cute, but Kate really liked them so that's all that matters.
Then I loaded up the kids in the car because we had a few errands to run at the mall. While we were there I decided on a whim that we were going to go into Build-a-Bear and make some stuffed animals. The kids were SO excited! Kate loved it of course, but it was so fun to see Max get into it.
Kate picked out a bunny, and Max picked a dog. This was very impromptu- so all these pics are with my iphone.
Such a big boy making his dog!
Kate's turn. She named her bunny "Rollerskate".
After they were stuffed, the kids took them over to the bathing station to make sure they were clean and brushed. Then I let them buy 1 out fit for each of their creations.
The finished results! "Rollerskate" and "Doggie"!
I got Dustin some new jeans and lots of candy. Kate drew him a "hulk smash" card. Dustin gave Max a Shake and Go car, and Kate a pot of gerber daisies. She was so excited to get flowers too!
We ordered pizza that night and hung out as a family. When the kids went to bed I put them in their new jammies.
It was a perfect day!











No comments:
Post a Comment