Tip: If you are ever planning a trip to San Diego buy the 3-for-1 passes that Costco sells. They are 7 day passes that get you into all three of those park that I mentioned, and they are cheap. We paid $100 for the adult tickets, and $80 for Kate's ticket. Max is free. If Sea World hadn't been a stickler, we wouldn't of had to pay for Kate at all since kids were free at all the parks in October. But at Sea World kids were only free for one day with the purchase of an adult ticket at the gate. So it just didn't work with our plans. Anyway, still we got a smoking deal, and we really utilized those tickets to their full advantage!
We traveled to San Diego on Monday. Our kids did so well in the car! I'm really really surprised at how well the traveling went. I was prepared and had "fun bags" filled with things to color and toys to play with that I would pass back to them periodically. It worked really well and something I will be doing now on all car trips. The crankiest they got was when Dustin got pulled over. Kate just couldn't understand why we weren't driving! We got off with a warning for being honest (yay!) and made it to our hotel at about 3 in the afternoon.
Our hotel room was so tiny! We were quite packed in there with a king bed, a pull out couch and a pack and play crib. It was quite an adventure at nighttime. Max would NOT go to sleep with us all in the same room. He would only go to sleep if Dustin (Superdad) would drive him around in the car until he finally fell asleep!
Here are a few pictures I snapped while we were playing in our hotel room.
I made it a goal of mine to actually get in pictures this trip. Not to just be the photographer.
Kate's favorite part of the hotel was our window.
Max's was the iPad. He's ridiculous.
After our first adventurous night, we woke up the next morning and headed to my favorite zoo of all time, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
It is so beautiful there! If you've known me for a long time and are a frequent reader of this blog you'll know that this is actually Dustin and I's 3rd trip to San Diego. We love it there. We went once while I was pregnant with Kate, and once when Kate was 11 months old. I've always gotten a picture with her at the waterfall :)
This zoo is my favorite because it's so big and wide open. You have to take a safari train to see all of the African animals. It's really fun to see the animals in their natural habitat. Well, as close as you can get without actually being in Africa.
This is the best shot I got on the tour. Pretty cheetah. But more about the cheetahs later...
There was a really fun spot in the zoo where you could go inside the Lorikeet cages and feed them nectar! We had Dustin hold the cup first. And it's a good thing we did because they flew right at him as soon as we walked in!
After awhile Kate really wanted a turn so we passed the nectar to her.
She really enjoyed it until a bird landed on her head!
We also had a lot of fun in the Bat house...
and the petting zoo.
The last thing we did that day was the cheetah run. This was really cool. They had a really long strip of land for the cheetah to run on. The cheetah was SO fast! It ran the whole 330 yard stretch in under 4 seconds. The lady told me (and everyone else) that it would be better to put down your camera and watch because it would be really hard to take a picture of it and you'd probably miss the whole run. And she was right! But I didn't listen. haha. I really wanted a picture of the cheetah running! This picture I got after it had passed me and was starting to slow down. Still really cool though. I like how I caught it mid stride so it looks like it's hovering about the ground.
It was such a fun day! I really love this zoo! I'm so glad we had the chance to go again! Posts about the zoo and Sea World to come...



























2 comments:
Erin you are so cute!!! What a fun Vacation!! My Fam is going out to San Diego next year!! Woot!
How fun! I love that she got to feed the birds :)
Post a Comment