Getting ready for Halloween!

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I have been in a crafty mood lately!  On Monday I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a bunch of stuff to make Kate's Halloween costume, Halloween decorations, and bought more fabric for some dresses! 


I made a halloween banner out of fabric.  I made one out of paper last year, and it of course isn't usable again.  I really like how it turned out!  I also made Halloween boxes by spray painting them black then decorating them with tulle, ric rac, and ribbon.  Then I made cute little ghosts and bats out of felt.  I filled my hurricane jars with candy corns, candy pumpkins, and caramels.  I know I will probably have to refill these again before Halloween!  I've caught my kids stealing candy many times already!  The BOO letters, subway art, and broomstick, I had from last year.  These along with my fall decorations make my house feel very festive!  I'm so excited for fall!

I also made Kate's costume today.  She went back and forth for a long time about what she wanted to be this year.  She finally settled on a "nice pink witch".  I'm kinda bummed she didn't want to be a princess since we already have a bunch of those costumes, but I really didn't spend too much on this so it's okay. 


All I need left is to get a hat.  I thought we had one, but I can't find it anywhere, so back to WalMart will we go!

I still haven't decided on Max's costume yet.  If I haven't gotten on the ball about his costume by Halloween, he will just wear his skeleton pajamas and we will paint his face. 

We are actually going to miss our ward's Trunk or Treat this year.  We are pretty bummed about it, but we'll be at Sea World, so we can't be too mad :).  Only a couple weeks!

2 comments:

Amanda and Tom said...

Such cute decorations! You go crafty woman!

Lacey said...

Aren't banners so much fun?!?! I love the one you made- great job!