Candy Corn Kids

Today I got hit by a crafting bug again.  These are rare, so I have to blog them so I can prove that I actually DO use my sewing machine, even if it's only once a year :)

I blame my cousin Kim.  She posted on facebook that she had made a cute candy corn dress for her little girl.  It looked so cute and easy that I just had to do it too.  I looked through my stuff and it turns out that I already had everything to make it, so I just went for it.  I followed this tutorial, http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/candy-corn-pillowcase-dress.html, but I didn't want to make it super baggy, so what I did instead was measure the width of one of Kate's shirts, and added 2 inches for seams.  I have very little sewing experience, so I'm so proud of how it turned out!



Then I was inspired to make a matching tie for Max.  I found another easy tutorial, and I made this http://imsharingthewealth.blogspot.com/2011/09/little-boy-tie-tutorial.html


Now we are dressed for October!


1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so glad you had the stuff and decided to make them! SO so cute. I ended up making Jackson a candy corn shirt to match.