We are loving the Olympics this year! I've always loved the olympics, but I think this is the first time I've ever watched them this faithfully. I don't think we've missed a night of watching them! So in the spirit of the Olympics, I decided to have an mini Olympics of our own for family home evening last night. I invited Jaron and Beth's family over and after we ate dinner it was time for the games to begin!
First event: Hammer throw!
Dustin tied up some heavy blankets and the kids tried to see how far they could throw them.
The weight was too much for Kate,
and Max just threw a pillow, he was so excited to be involved!
Second event: Volleyball!
(aka "Don't let the balloon touch the ground")
Third event: Racing!
Fourth Event: Long Jump!
The kids got so into this one, we could have just done this all night!
Fifth event: Spinning
We had the kids spin around as long as the could without falling over. Not based on any Olympic event, but still fun to watch!
Sixth event: Balance Beam!
Seventh event: High Jump!
These kids are a lot braver than I thought! They all had so much fun with this event!
Eighth event: Basketball!
After all the games were finally over, it was time for the awards ceremony. The kids respectfully held their hands over their hearts as Uncle Jaron belted the National Anthem! It's such a shame that didn't get recorded, because that was a real treat.
This was the most fun family home evening we've ever done!
Yay for the Olympics!
1 year ago














4 comments:
So cute! You are so creative!
I love it! Such a great idea I might have to steal!
ERIN I LOVE IT!!
So fun and creative!! Loved the high jump!! :)
Post a Comment