Pioneer Day

The Saturday after Max's party was Pioneer Day.  It's a holiday celebrated among all Mormons.  It commemorates the day the Mormon pioneers finally made it to the Utah Valley (right? haha, I should know that). And small towns that were founded by pioneers, like Snowflake, throw a big celebration! 

That morning we woke up and went to the parade!  Kate had never been to a parade before and she had lots of fun collecting the candy!

She also had her first taste of cotton candy.  Yum!


It was kind of stormy the rest of the day so we ended up not going to the craft fair and barbeque.  We did have lots of fun playing on the trampline though!



That night we went to Sherice's house to eat.  Kate and Jaylee were in love with Sherice's chickens!  They kept laughing and making chicken noises at them.



After that we took Max home to sleep, and Dustin, Kate and I went to the rodeo!  It was still storming a bit so I opted to not take my nice camera.  So the few pictures I got of the rodeo are not very good.  We went because Grandpa Watson was part of a team that had to chase down a calf and put bloomers on it!  It was hilarious and I'm so sad I couldn't get a picture of it.  Kate ended up falling asleep before the fireworks started, and that's what she was most excited about!




It was a very fun weekend!  We always love it when we visit family!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

We missed pioneer day in snowflake this year and were so bummed about it! Chris was working out of town and didn't get home till super late on Friday night. Next year for sure!