Why yes, Kate IS wearing a Snow White dress. I thought it was very appropriate the she wanted to wear it because after dinner we went to see Mirror, Mirror. Which was a very cute retelling of the story of Snow White!
We all loved it! Kate sat through the whole thing (only a few potty breaks), and entertained everyone with her beautiful dancing during the end credits. It was so fun to spend some time with just Kate. I think she's needed some one-on-one time for awhile now. I will have to make it a point to do this more often with her.
That night when she went to bed, we decorated the house! Balloons, streamers, everything pink and pretty and fit for a princess. She's been telling me for months that she wanted a princess party, so I hope I delivered! She woke up that morning, said excitedly "Is it my birthday today?!?", and she ran downstairs to see. She was so excited to see all the decorations and presents laid out for her. It nearly killed her to wait ALL THE WAY until noon for her party. So I made her a special breakfast. Pretty pink pancakes. Colored pancakes seems to be a thing we do on all holidays now.
Noon finally did come, and our guests (Jaron and Beth's family) arrived. We ate some pizza,
and then did the pinata! Dustin didn't want to find something for a blindfold, she he just plopped a pillowcase over their heads!
Then Kate insisted it be time for presents, so we did that next. She waited very patiently.

She got bubbles and a little wooden dress-up bear thing from Maddock and Jaylee, a Belle doll, Sleeping Beauty dress, and a very special Rapunzel wedding dress (from the disney store) from Mommy and Daddy, and Grandma Foree sent her some clothes and one of those cool record-your-voice story books. Which, she has deemed, the "animal book". So if you watched the interview I posted earlier, this is the book she's referring to as her favorite. I just figured that out last night :)
Then it was time to play the game we had planned. Pin the Tail on Pascal! Dustin drew it up. He's so talented :) They donned the pillowcase again, and this is how they fared. Good job Jaylee!
After that the kids got in their swimsuits, and went out to play in Kate's big present, a pool!
Then, after the pool, it was finally time for cake. Yes, I did make this cake. I started it friday morning at 9:00 and didn't get finished with it until 3:00. It so time consuming! Next time I think I will just have someone else make it. Or not be so ambitious.
The party was so much fun, and I think the kids had a blast!
After that, Daddy went and got Kate one last present (Gee, you think this girl is spoiled or what?), A little lefty baseball mitt so he can teach her to play catch. I think it's safe to say that Kate had a fantastic birthday this year.
Happy Birthday baby girl!!












1 comment:
how fun! You did so good with the cake :) I want to try to make one of those someday. Happy Birthday Kate!
Post a Comment