My Silly Kids

Kate is just so silly!  Here are some stories and quirks about her that I wanted written down.


Kate refuses to sleep in her bed. She used to be so good about sleeping, but ever since we brought Max home she's been so stubborn about it. We've finally got her to at least go to sleep in her room, but she's on the floor! I don't know what is wrong with her bed, or what is so special about the floor but that's where she chooses to sleep! She's also gotten super quiet about coming into our room at night. I don't even hear her come in any more! When I wake up to feed Max, she's always there, either on the floor or in the chair. So ridiculous!

She's started to quote movies and it's just hilarious. The other day she picked up the book I was reading and said, "How can you read this? There's no pictures!" I also hear her saying, "Gaston, can I have my book please?" when she's reading. She also loves to run around the house screaming, "Best day EVER! Woo hoo!" (Tangled).

During a particularly difficult day (one of those won't-obey-spend-a-lot-of-time-in-time-out-days), I asked Kate to do something and she replied, "Yes Mother." At first I was like, "All right! That's what your supposed to say!" But then I thought about it and I realized that not once has Kate ever called me Mother. So I said, "Yes Mother?" and Kate replied by singing "mooooother knows BEST". Yep. She was calling me Mother Gothel. I was too mad to laugh right then, but we had a good laugh about it when I told Dustin later.

She refers to poop as "yucky snakes", and farts as "ghosts".

Her tea party set is her "birthday" (from Alice in Wonderland, in case you didn't make that connection), and any tube that you can look through is a "pirate".

The other day she found some fake flowers of mine, and she carried them all around the house. When I said,"What do you have Kate?" she said "Jeremy gave me flowers." (Jeremy is a character from Phineas and Ferb.)

She is so excited to go to "Disneywand!" and has not stopped talking about it. But to be fair, neither have we. We leave on Sunday! I'm so so SO excited!

Of course I couldn't leave Max out of this post, even though I don't have any funny stories about him just yet.  He's just too cute! 

I love my kids!  They definitely keep me laughing!

4 comments:

Jessica and colby said...

aww look at those cute chub chub legs!

Rachel said...

I love reading your blog. Yours is one of the blogs that I check most often,mostly because I love to look at all the great pictures you take of your kids! Have fun in Disneyland!

Rappleye Family said...

Hey your blog updates on my link bar now! So cute! Have fun in Disneyland!!

Kim said...

Hilarious!! I wish you lived closer... we could have so many fun playdates.