This last weekend Dustin went on "man-cation" with his dad, brother, cousins, uncles and grandpa to Virginia. So my mom came to play and help me with my kids. We had lots of fun being lazy, shopping, and braving the monsoons. There was even a tornado watch out when we were at Hobby Lobby! Of course I didn't know that until later, or I would have been hiding under my stairs.
I love it when little girls have earrings. I love it when little babies have earrings. I always said I was going to do it, but then I just forgot about it when Kate was a baby. Now I've been debating for awhile about whether or not I should pierce a two-year old's ears. Would she sit still? Will she just tug on them all day? Will she be allergic? Yesterday I decided to finally go for it.
We went to Icing in the Superstition Mall. I wasn't expecting much from Kate, since she was being a stinker that day. But when we got to that store she was so excited about all the pretty jewelery that I decided to go ahead with it. Kate picked out her pair of pink diamond "earwings" and we got to work. She did so good! She sat in the chair so well while we were waiting. My mom kept her entertained with bracelets and a princess crown. Since Kate was old enough to sit in the chair by herself we were able to do both ears at the same time. Thank goodness, or we probably would have only gotten one. She cried only for a little bit, then was excited about her new earrings. The workers there were so nice and were so good with Kate. They were very impressed at how well Kate did. And because she did so well, she was rewarded with a vanilla milk shake.
I love them! I think they are so cute!
1 year ago


1 comment:
Oh I want to pierce Emma's so bad. Kate looks so cute and that is awesome that she did so well with them.
Post a Comment