(first family picture of all of us!)
I love this little guy!
When Dustin blessed Kate he said that before hand he had planned out what he was going to say. You're not technically supposed to do that, but he was nervous and he didn't want to screw it up. This time though, he didn't do that. He gave a beautiful blessing. Some points that I remember are that he will be blessed with the ability to learn, to follow to example of his mother and sister, that when the time comes he will accept a mission call and find an eternal companion. The spirit was strong, and I was definitely in tears. I wish I was one of those people that think things through and had brought a tape recorder, because it really was such an awesome blessing. Dustin bore his testimony during sacrament meeting, which again, had me in tears. He is such a good father and husband, I'm very blessed to be married to him. I know, I know...I should have bore my testimony too but I was already so emotional I just felt like I couldn't do it.
After church we all gathered together at my house for lunch. Most of our immediate family members were there. We had fruit salad, veggies and sandwiches for lunch (thanks to both my moms for their help!) and then we had this for dessert.
Mmmm... I wish I could say that I made that, but it's a snickers ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.
It's was also Dustin's birthday on Monday so since we were all together, we had a little party for him as well. He got a Target gift card from my parents and clothes from his parents.
Kate got him a Mickey Mouse shirt, a Perry the Platypus shirt, and a Phineas and Ferb cd (we really like that show at our house!). Now even Dustin is outfitted for Disneyland next month!
And I got him some new basketball shoes.
It was a wonderful day. My heart is full of gratitude for my family. I love all of them so much. I'm so grateful for our newest bundle of joy Max, and for the sweet spirit he brings into our house. I just love being a mother and want to soak up every bit of baby-ness before he grows up.
Max, you are such a blessing, and we love you!








4 comments:
Loved this post!! We blessed Alyssa a year ago this past weekend! Where does the time go? :) Love your hair!
You have such a sweet family :) Of coarse the pictures are beautiful, and so are you! Sounds like the baby blessing was wonderful. That cake looks so yummy by the way. My doctor says try to stay away from sugar ... I think it just makes me want it more :)
Max is so cute!!! Ok, your whole fsmily is stinkin cute!!! And you are so talented!!! Can I come learn how to be awesome like you??
What a beautiful family you have. Such great pictures
Post a Comment