1 year ago
Potty Training, take two
To be honest, I was really dreading this. The first time was so frustrating that I just wasn't motivated to try again. I also was really wanting to wait until after our Disneyland trip, but Kate was showing such an interest in it, that I just couldn't put it off any longer. Lately she's been asking to go to the potty a lot, and yesterday she saw that her cousin Jaylee is potty trained, and I decided to just go with that motivation and momentum.
So today I put her in big girl panties. I was hopeful, but didn't expect much.
I just have to say that I'm completely SHOCKED at how well she did today. She only had a few accidents, and they were little. Other than that she's kept herself dry all day and even went #2 (what she calls "yucky snakes") in the potty 3 times! I started out the day constantly asking her if she was dry and taking her to the potty about every 7 minutes. Then I slowly increased it to about every 15 minutes. Then I just started to remind her to go potty, and now she's almost taking all the initiative. I ask her if she needs to go every once in awhile, but she's been telling me when she needs to go now. I just can't believe how easy it was (knock on wood)!
I'm so proud of her! She is so excited to be a big girl and to be wearing panties. Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay! So happy for you! I love having a potty trained girl :) I love your slide show :) Super cute idea.
Thats awesome!!!!! Yay!!! Oh and I LOVED that character call!!!!!!!
Post a Comment