1 month old


Little Max is 1 month old today. 

We took him to his one month appointment a few days ago and here are his current stats.

Weight: 10 lbs!
Height: 21.5 inches
Head Circumference: 15 inches

He's in the 75th percentile for height, and 50th percentile for everything else.  He is a very healthy baby boy!

I am loving life with two kids.  Most days I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things around here.  But, I do have to say this:  I have never been so tired in my life!  Here's how an average night goes down at our house.

8:00 put Kate to bed
8:30 put Kate back in bed
9:00 Dustin lays down with Kate until she falls asleep
10:00 Feed Max and he and I go to sleep
1:00 Feed Max
1:30 Change Max--go back to sleep
2:00 Kate comes in to our room, we make her sleep on the floor.  We used to let her sleep in our bed but she is the CRAZIEST sleeper ever, so now if she insists on being in our room--she's on the floor!
3:00 Feed Max again
3:30 Change Max-- go back to sleep
4:30 Max wakes up AGAIN-- feed and change and go back to sleep
6:30 Yet again, one more feeding for Max
7:00 Kate wakes up, we put on the tv for her and we try to go back to sleep until
8:00 Dustin's alarm

So you can see that I'm only getting about 6 hours of sleep at night, and it's very interrupted. Kate used to be such a good sleeper, but ever since we brought the baby home it's been a constant struggle.  Plus have I mentioned how NOISY of a sleeper Max is?  I don't know what it is, but he grunts loudly all night.  So if I'm not feeding him, his grunting is keeping me awake.  Whew!  My first baby was such a good sleeper, it figures that my second would be completely opposite!

Another way he's very different from Kate is that he's a bit of a crier.  Not so much that I want to pull my hair out (well, sometimes...remember how I'm super tired?) but if he's awake he's usually crying unless someone is holding him.  Which I love to do, but my house doesn't love it so much.  And Kate?  Most days she's really good, but other days she gets really attention starved and gets into just about everything in my house.

So there you have the honest truth about life in the Watson household.  An extremely messy house, a super tired mom, a sneaky two year old, and a grumpy one month old. 

But you know what?  I wouldn't trade it for anything!


I love my family and I love being a mommmy!

3 comments:

Petersens said...

I'm so sorry you don't get good sleep! That sounds exausting just reading it. Hopefully after Max is a little older things will calm down. I am super nervous for our new baby now :) But I don't think I'd want to trade it for anything either. Hang in there :)

DawnSheree said...

Erin, maybe you should try to get a moby wrap for holding Max during the day while you are trying to do something else. I just made one this time around and it has been wonderful, Ethan is in it all the time. As far as the night time thing, I'm sorry, bad part about breastfeeding.

Lacey said...

Wait until you have one in school and a newborn! I do a 6am feeding and the Elodie has to be up by 7am so we can have her at school by 8am. Add in 7:30pm bedtime, bed at 11pm with baby Evyn and then one more feeding at 3am it starts to wear on you! THANKFULLY Addysen and Evyn nap during the day at the same time so I get a few hours to myself. But that is usually when I blog and mop or something so there really is no rest time!!! It's just all kinds of crazy fun no matter what age they are!