Christmas Eve


This year we spent Christmas Eve with the Watson's.  We had our traditional mexican food feast (I'm drooling just thinking about it), read Christmas stories, and.....Santa came!!

 He lost a little weight this year.

Kate and Maddock were both so scared of Santa!


Emma was the only brave one.  (Jaylee was asleep on the couch)

It wasn't until Santa started handing out presents that Kate decided he was okay.

Then she couldn't get enough of him!

Maddock eventually came around too. But right after this picture was taken, he threw his gift (pajamas) on the ground and cried because it wasn't the right one. He had asked santa for a train, not pajamas.  It was hilarious and sad at the same time.  His dad explained that Santa would be back later to leave more presents and that maybe he would bring a train then.  He was okay after that.

After Santa came we put the kids to bed (and they all stayed asleep!), and all the parents got to work.  It was sooo fun playing Santa this year.  Dustin and I definitely got carried away with all the presents we got Kate.   I couldn't sleep AT ALL this night.  I always have a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve, but this year is was 20 times worse.  It's the first year we have a little one who understands Christmas.  Eventually after a night of tossing and turning, Dustin woke up around 5:00 and we put on a movie to pass the time.  Then at around 6:00 I heard Sherice get up, so we decided to get the ball rolling and went downstairs and made breakfast for everyone.

Photobucket

No comments: