One year older and wiser too...

Yesterday was my birthday.

I'm now officially closer to being 30 than 20. I'm no longer a "young adult". I now have to check boxes marked "26-30 years". I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Yesterday was a good day. Kate was extra cuddly, and that made for an excellent birthday present. Dustin got me stuff to decorate our front room, which until now, has been horribly bare. He got me this frame:


and this mirror:


I'll have to wait for him to hang that. I'm sure it would be a disaster if I tried.

We celebrated by eating dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant, Aribba Mexican Grill. So yummy. We tried to go to Barnes and Noble, but Kate was being a really big stinker, so we just came home and played nintendo instead.

Oh yeah, and I also received season tickets to ASU Gammage!  My mother in law gave them to me and my sisters-in-law for our birthdays this year!  We will be seeing Beauty and the Beast, The Grinch, Shrek, and Fiddler on the Roof.  I am so excited!  You have no idea!  My mother also got me something, but it's a "secret" and I can't know what it is until she brings it down to me.  The suspense is killing me!

All in all, it was a pretty good day!

Last night as I was laying in bed, I thought, "I'm 26 and what have I done with my life?"  At first the thought depressed me, but as I thought about it, I realized I've accomplished lots of things!

-I graduated high school
-I have a college degree (just an associate's, but still!)
-I was sealed in the temple to my wonderful husband
-I worked and provided for us while Dustin went to school
-I went to Disneyland
-I went and graduated from Cosmetology school
-I have an active cosmetology license! 
-I have a beautiful home
-I bought myself a nice camera, and am developing quite a talent for photography!
-I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl
-I am a stay at home mom

So yes, although some days being a mother to a toddler can be very trying, I am so grateful for my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!  Heavenly Father has truly blessed me, and I am so thankful for it.



Now if I could only add "traveled to Europe" to that list....




Photobucket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Being 26 isn't so bad. I should know. I've been 26 for 2 weeks now! Happy Birthday!