I was bored on Sunday morning. Our church doesn't start until 2:00. My baby was napping, and my husband was watching sports, so I set off looking for a craft to do. I rummaged through my very messy closet and came across this. A khaki pencil skirt that I had busted the zipper on a long time ago. I always kept it, because I thought I would get around to fixing it. I never did, so on that morning I decided to re-purpose it. I turned it into...
A very cute purse!
I determined how big I wanted the bag and I cut off the length. Then I cut the zipper out of the skirt. I made the new seams by sewing the right sides together. Then with the remaining fabric I made the purse strap. I figured out how long I wanted it to be, then cut. Then I figured out how thick I wanted it to be, and cut the fabric about 2 times wider. Then I folded it in half and ironed it. Then I folded in the raw edges to meet it in the middle and ironed it (did that make sense?) then I just straight stitched with my machine to hold it all together and give it a polished look. Then I sewed a snap in so I would be able to close it. Then I took a fake flower I had and safety pinned it onto the bag. I'm not so fond of this flower, but I plan on making a lot of different ones to go with it.
Wow. I'm not so good at explaining myself.
Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it, and although it's not the best made bag, I'm pretty darn proud of it.
4 comments:
od way cute! Good job!
Erin that is awesome!! So clever! It would be nice to have a sewing machine. CUTE BAG!
That is so great!
That is so stinking cute!
Post a Comment