Another boring home project post...


I had been wanting to make curtains for my house for a long time. I finally had a sewing machine, I made those cute pillows...surely I was ready to make curtains right? Well, I guess I overestimated my abilities a little.

I went to Joanns a couple days ago, and found some fabric for a good price. I find the tutorial I wanted to use, and I go to work. I realized one major problem right away. I wanted to make gathered curtains, but I didn't buy enough fabric. I'm new to sewing, and so I totally estimated what I needed, and I was way off. Anyway, so I had to make do with what I had.

I think they turned out...okay. They are cute, but they don't really fit the window, and my measurements got mixed up somewhere along the way, because one panel is about 3 inches longer than the other. See the strategically placed vase? I'm trying to hide it, but it's still noticeable. I'll fix it, but for now I'm leaving them where they are at.

I also finally cleaned and organized our throw-everything room. It finally sort of looks like Dustin's "man cave". We still have to paint it and hang the rest of his posters, but I'm just so excited it's clean!
I also finally got around to decorating the guest bathroom. I still need to paint the walls blue, and when they are, I think everything is going to tie together really nicely.

Here is Kate modeling the rugs for you.

And here are some repurposed decorations. I had this old frame and basket lying around, so I painted them, and I think they turned out cute. I was also going to paint the cabinet that they are resting on, but I did some research online, and I think they might be antiques! They were given to us when we were married by Dustin's parents, and we've always used them for storage, never thinking that they might be worth something. Has anyone ever heard of White Clad ice boxes? That's what they are. I can't tell if they are original or a reproduction. Where's antiques roadshow when you need it? Well, even if they were, they wouldn't be worth much because they are not in great condition, but it still is enough to stop me from painting them!

Anyway, I'll stop boring ya'll with my home projects now. Until next time...




Photobucket

1 comment:

Petersens said...

I am really jealous! I can't wait to have my own place to beautify! I think you did a great job with everything, and the curtains aren't too obvious. Looks like too much fun.