Bryce and Amanda's Wedding

It's been over a week since I last blogged. What? That's not like me. Here's what we did last weekend.

We flew to Utah! My cousin Bryce was getting married, plus two of my cousins had recently had babies, so of course we wanted to see everyone!

We had such an easy time flying this time. It was so stress-free I couldn't beleive it. Dustin works for US Airways, so in order to take advantage of flight benefits we have to fly standby which is not the easiest thing. This time we just walked straight up to the gate, the guy handed us our tickets, and we walked straight onto the plane! Didn't even sit down first. Kate did really well while flying. She slept almost the whole time, and never cried during take off or landing.

The flight was only 1 hr 15 min. I love it! It would have taken us 12 hours to drive! We got our rental car and checked into our hotel in Lehi (thanks again Uncle Brian!). That night we picked up Andy (after getting lost, Utah's streets are wacky!) and ate dinner with my mom and Aunt Sherri.

After that we were driving back to our hotel, and I decided that I really wanted a shake. So we found this place right by our hotel called Iceberg. The shakes only came in two sizes, mini or regular. Okay... so when you think of a mini size shake... what do you think of? I was thinking mini meant like a kid's size frosty, and I wanted more than that so I ordered a regular. Well what we got were the biggest shakes ever! Plus, I don't really think you can call it a "shake" it was so thick it was more like soft-serve ice cream. Basically, it was heaven. We went back the next night also.



Kate loved playing in the hotel! She just loves being down on the ground and mobile. She thought it was so funny that she got under this chair.




The next morning we went to the Draper Temple for the ceremony. The sealer was really long winded. He talked to Bryce and Amanda about everything! The funniest part was when he said the wrong name. He said "Bryce, remember that you are only to love Amber" or something like that, we were all suppressing giggles.

After taking some group pictures, we went to the luncheon. It was catered by Cafe Rio. Yum!

The reception was later that night in the Provo Library. It's a beautiful building. On the way there we followed my cousin Kim and her husband TJ, and my younger cousins Tyler, Rachel and Jaron followed us. We were driving on the free way and hit some traffic. Tyler (who was driving) didn't realize that we had slowed to a stop, and had to pull an evasive manuever not to hit us! It was really scary, and I'm so glad they didn't hit us. Teens + driving= bad combination.

Anyway, we got there in one piece and had a lot of fun at the reception. I am really sorry about the picture overload in this post, but all my blogs get made into books eventually, so this is how our lives get documented. I'm not really a scrapbooker.

Here they are! Don't they make a cute couple?

Everyone wanted to dance with Kate.


l
My and my bro. I don't look so good in any of the upcoming pictures. I hadn't had a chance to retouch my makeup since 9:00 in the morning. Oh well.


The five girl cousins. The best part about any reunion or wedding is hanging out with these girls!

L-R Khristen, Me, Kim, Elaine, and Natalie
Three of us have kids now. Elaine is winning.

The second generation of cousins. I think the technical term for them is first cousins once removed. Is that right?

L-R Kate, Maliah, Jackson, Anna


Just the girls


My family
The next day we had a lot of fun just hanging out with everybody, and playing games.

We flew home the next morning and were home in time for lunch. I love flying! On the flight home we flew over the Grand Canyon. It was such a beautiful sight from the sky, it makes me wonder how anyone can deny the existence of God.


Obviously, this picture doesn't do it justice.

It was a great weekend. Now it's time to start packing and get ready to move!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

WHAT!!! I like in Orem! Man it would have been good to see you! I wish I'd known you were in town! I would have swung by the reception. Provo is like 5 mins from my apartment. Well, I am glad you had a blast anyway. Yes ICEBURG shakes! So huge!! I was shocked too when we got them the first time. Have a good one

Rappleye Family said...

live not like sorry