Thatcher


Today we took a trip to Thatcher. Unfortunately, it was a short trip. We left early morning, and came back tonight, but it was worth it. Dustin and I both went to Eastern Arizona College there in Thatcher (it’s where we met) and it was fun to go back, if only for a short while. We even drove by our old (scorpion infested) house, just for old times sake. But the best part of today (well, maybe not but pretty close!) was that we filled up our car for under $20! Heck yes!

The main reason we took this trip was to see Dustin’s Grandma. Today was Grandma Watson’s birthday/retirement party. She is now 83 and finally retiring. Those of you who lived in Thatcher may remember her as the best Walmart greeter ever! At this extravaganza Carl and Sharon performed for us, all of Grandma’s children had some memories to share, and there was Karaoke. Us Watson’s did an awesome rendition of “Let it Snow”… complete with actions. Jaron and Sherice went one step further and sang “Do Your Ears Hang Low?’ (no really…they did). We basically just had a great time hanging out and being together. And, oh yes….making balloons stick to Maddock.



After the party Dustin and I met up with our good friends Vernon and Tiana Batty at El Charro. I really miss the good Mexican food that Thatcher/Safford has. I still have not found a restaurant here in the valley that compares. Dustin’s family was also there too and Maddock and Vernon’s son Dean became instant best friends. They spent about 20 minutes just giving these 4 straws to each other.


A couple of you have requested that I post some belly pics, so here they are. I’m 19 weeks (about 4 ½ months although according to my book I’m in the 5th month already). I’m really big. It’s okay. You can say it. When I saw Tiana tonight, I realized I’m almost as big as her and she’s due in a couple weeks! Also…we find out the gender on Tuesday!


6 comments:

Jacob and Magen said...

Don't worry! Im finding here in Utah everyone is big with their first baby! Blah. Are you getting more and more excited?

Dayna said...

You look so cute preggo! Seriously! :) Also I'm very happy you guys got into an a better apartment. And by the way if you need me to come ninja kick anyone from the hospital or the collections agency I'd totally be willing to do that!! :)

Kourtney Dawn said...

you look very cute pregnant!!! I feel much better with this one, with Brigette, I was huge!!! you look great!!! Can't wait til Tuesday to see what you are having!!!

Shandi said...

well let me give you my opinion. I olny have about 8 weeks left and people are now coming up to me and saying " Oh your are showing a little bit!!" Then I kindly say yeah thanks....I only have about 8 weeks left." Then they look at me like I am stupid and ask like the end of January....? I say Yup. They don't really believe me. So I say be glad you look pregnant! And you do look totally cute. I will have to post the " Belly Shot"

~Shina~ said...

You look great! And you showing alot now because you were so tiny before. How exciting!! Oh and btw, you and your husband are so lucky to be in those apts and only paying $800 a month for a two bedroom! I'm so jealous! I did live there last year and me and a friend were paying almost $1000/month!!! You definately got hooked up! :)

RonElaine said...

You really do not look big - to me you look normal. This is about the time you should have a cute little belly. With this baby and Liah at about 30 weeks people say things like, "wow, you must be due soon" yeah - in 10 weeks! maybe its the family genes or something. I think you look fabulous!