(Did any of you Joseph City-ians just have a flash back to 2001? Jay Miller sang this song to Krystin McMaster in the play we did that year “Crazy for You”)
Dustin and I currently live in a one bedroom apartment. Although it is large for a one bedroom, we were still worried about how we were going to fit a baby in here. When we moved into the complex in October of last year, the prices on the 2 bedroom were about $1100 a month. Ridiculous. So when our lease started winding down, we looked around at some other places. We decided it wouldn’t be worth it to move because we only have one car and Dustin carpools to work.
In September, our apartment complex got new management. I asked a lady at the housing office if they had changed the pricing. They had. The 2 bedroom was now only $803. Yay! We currently pay $775 for our one bedroom. She said we still had to fulfill our lease, and then we could transfer into the 2 bedroom for that price. So I thought that that meant $803 was the new permanent price.
We went back a month later with all our paperwork filled out and ready to apply. Unfortunately though, the price had been raised to $975 a month (and that $803 was only a promotion they were running). Yikes. I went back a couple more times to see if they had lowered. I even tried to talk to the manager about giving us some sort of deal, but nothing worked. We started planning ways to fit the baby into our current apartment. It would be really tight, but we could do it. Sort of.
Yesterday we finally decided we had waited long enough to renew our lease. It was going to expire on the 26th. In a last ditch effort, I asked once again if they had lowered the prices on the 2 bedroom. They had! There was one 3rd floor apartment renting for only $799. So we decided to take it!

Although it will be one crappy move (we currently live on the 3rd floor in the building across from the new apartment--there will be treats and food provided for all that help!), I cannot tell you how relieved I am! I feel so grateful and so blessed. The Lord is always watching over us, and things always work out in some way!
5 comments:
Erin, so you probably didn't know I've been lurking on your blog for a couple weeks...
...but I just had to tell you, first of all, CONGRATS on the baby!
Second, the first thought I had when I saw your two bedroom floor plan and your great master closet was, "That would be a GREAT place to put a newborn!" HA! Yeah, our little boy David, who is almost 18 months sleeps in our master closet, which is set up very similar to yours. Hannah and David DO NOT sleep well together....
So, since the 2nd bedroom is pretty far across the apartment you could stick the babies bassinet or pack n' play in your closet in the first few months when they are getting up a lot at night.
Anyway, this is a long comment. Take it for what it's worth! CONGRATS! :)
Hey Erin! This is Tashina Rogers...not sure if you remember me but I was in the same grade as Andy. Just read your blog and I know you live in the valley. I'm in the area too, but I ahve to ask...Where the heck did you find a cute 2 bd apt for under $800 a month?!?! I'm way interested! Cangrats on the baby by the way! I work in Labor and Delivery at Banner Gateway. Where are you delivering at??
Oh my gosh that is awesome!! Those 2 bedrooms are really nice and HUGE!! I'm happy for you guys!!
thats awesome you found something, when brigette was first born, she slept in teh kitchen/dining room in her crib since we only had a one bedroom!!! you need to post som baby bumps now!!
Hi Erin,
I was good friends with Dustin at EA...my maiden name is Stailey. I was really excited to find your blog and see what you were up to. Congrats on the baby! That's so exciting! Are you living in Arizona? We're moving there in December and I was wondering if you could tell me the name of your complex. We've looked at a couple other places, but yours looks really nice and clean! You can comment on my blog if you have the time! Thanks!
Erin
Post a Comment